1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamada dvx 6600

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Daljinec, Mar 11, 2004.

1. fishily

fishily Member

Hmm, nothing unusually. You can see that they are pbs and you have said you have m4modded them, so no problems there.

Do they peak at very high bitrates? Are they being read off a CD-R, CDRW, DVD-R or DVD-RW?

Fishily

2. josh1234

josh1234 Guest

these 2 examples havent been put through mpegmodifier they have been burned straight onto a dvd-r with other xvids

3. fishily

fishily Member

A stopping and starting avi sounds like a xvid with gmc, which these are not. You've seen what the stuttering effect pbs has, so not that then. You are reading from DVD-R so that's better to cope with high bit rate.

Hmmm

Try different media with the unpacked pbs. Or. Try your disk in a friend's divx player.

Is your player having trouble with other disk? Pre-pressed DVDs?

I'm stumped.

Fishily

4. markus21

markus21 Member

5. stevefox

stevefox Guest

Yeah Markus I have installed it,,, It plays the naruto (DB) episodes that I could not play before and has a better looking interface. Dfinatley worth upgrading for me.

FishKing,,, do you know of a stand alone player like the Yamada or the Kiss,, Phillips etc. that can play .MKV or .OGM movies and all the other wierd formats? I want to buy a new Divx player and really want the best and the latest with possibly .mkv support. Any suggestions.

fanks

6. BigMuff

BigMuff Member

7. BigMuff

BigMuff Member

ooops... i was being thick. They're the same thing but at a different URL right?

:$

Also, while i'm here. I just burn that to a CD and put it into my Yamada 6600 and follow the onscreen steps yes? no?

Cheers :)

8. stevefox

stevefox Guest

Yeah BigM,,

Burn a CD-RW,,, Close the session ,,, pop it in your DVD player,,, it will start automatically,, then press PLAY/OK and follow the steps.

I used this link though to DL my Firmware.

http://home.planet.nl/~feer0011/yamadaV15+...sub+TXT+SUB.rar

Unzipped and burned the ISO with Nero Burner.

I still feel there is a lot they can imporve on with the packed bitstream playback as it can slow down during play,, stick or have sound ever so slightly out of sysnc,, sometimes it starts the AVI without sound,,, but overall,, just restart the episode/file again and it plays perfectly fine. Props to Temi and his team for suporting Packed Bitstream. :)

9. BigMuff

BigMuff Member

Sorry to ask loadsa questions but I have downloaded the firmware from my first link and it came in a .zip file.

I have extracted it and i am left with a folder with a .bin file inside. What do i burn to disk? The .bin file, the whole folder, the .zip file?

Or do i have to Acohol 120 the .bin file ?

10. stevefox

stevefox Guest

If u use the Firmware from the link I gave u above (its the same version as what u have got. Then Unzip the Frimware and u will see a File called yamada,, it should be in winRar format.

Then just open Nero Burner,, say "Burn Disc Image",
    broswe to your image, (select show "All Files")
    Select the yamada.rar and burn away, remember to close the session (finalise the CD).

Or otherwise,, yes just open Nero Burner or Alcohol and select the .bin file that u have there. And burn it. If u have a .cue file then u could also just open that and burn it.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2005
  11. BigMuff

BigMuff Member

12. stevefox

stevefox Guest

Yeah silly of me not to realise,, ....'s in the link hahaha.

Ok use this link: http://board.softpedia.com/lofiversion/index.php/t1981.html

Now scroll down to where alwaysconnected posted this link. "http://home.planet.nl/~feer0011/yamadaV15+...sub+TXT+SUB.rar"

and click on this link to save to disk.

13. campa

campa Member

I have a 6600 in my home. I'm not able to play dual layer DVD (both + and -) burned with my LG GSA-4167. Do you know about some declared limitation about this media format or a way to solve this matter? FW upgrade? To which version?

Thanks,
    Enrico.

14. skyde

skyde Member

Hey there!

I just bought this dvd-divx player today and I was just wondering whether it is normal that it emits a fairly loud whizzing noise when a dvd is inside the player.

Irritating.

15. fishily

fishily Member

I thought the 6600 was discontinued a long time ago. Are you sure you just bought a 6600 and not something else?

Fish

16. skyde

skyde Member

Yes it is a dvx6600. It is a second hand guarantee "repaired" version.
    There goes my faith in guarantee "repaired" versions.

It works quite badly anyways. Not recognizing normal dvd's at times and hanging in mid film.

Luckily I got a 6 month guarantee on it.

17. Warlocke

Warlocke Member

The infamous 'Disc Error' finally hit me! Just over a year of working okay, apart from the same niggles the other folks here have been having, then it hit.

Thankfully having been reading the thread here the ol' remove ribbon cable, clean and re-insert worked fine.

So a big THANK YOU to all who have contributed here.

18. meanieme

meanieme Member

my 6600 has gone out of sync on avis and dvds does that mean throw it away and get a new one?

19. markus21

markus21 Member

allso has anyone had any problams playing some of the Stargate.sg1..HDTV.XviD-TvD episodes i notice some of tham play ok but some of tham play with the sound out of sync and is there any new Firmware updates being done

20. skyde

skyde Member

My own divX problems (earlier in this thread) were solved with just getting rid of the player divX6600 player I had.

You who wanted to know about firmware updates to the 6600 I suggest you look into ProCasters since I think Yamada is these days is manufacturing their divx players under that name. My ProCaster model looks identical to the Yamada 6600 model apart from the name.

Hope that helps,

Lauri