1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MP3 Albums, how to separate songs individually?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by O2Flogger, Oct 1, 2004.

1. O2Flogger

O2Flogger Member

I am new at this as you can see, when you stop laughing, please help me. I have some albums that were mp3ed for the album as a whole, now I wish to break out individual songs, what magic wand or incanation do I use to do this or can it be done?

2. ryanhodad

ryanhodad Member

you have to convert the song to a wav file format then use a program like cdwave to split the files up, save them as individual files as wavs then convert them to mp3 again

3. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

a good sound editor (free) you can use is available here :-
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Load the mp3 in and you will see on the screen the break points -- highlight in between those break points and save each one individually as Mp3@128kbps for near Cd quality.

Good luck

4. bcdefghi

bcdefghi Member

I am confused by this program and was wondering if you could help me to use it. I have an MP3 player and all of the beatles tracks ever made on one MP3 and wanted to separate them using this program. How can I save the file as an MP3 or Ogg Vorbis file for my MP3 player??

5. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Did you download the Lame encoder too ? you need that to make Mp3 with it !

Ok 1) Open your MP3 the long one (click File - Open)

You will see a long waveform on the screen with the Right channel and the Left channel.

If you click the Zoom button+, it will spread so you will see there are gaps where a song ends and another one starts.

Start at the end of the first one and highlight till the beginning . NOW click FILe and select EXPORT Selection as MP3 --- Next window put the title in and save to your desktop -- next window just close it -- it will take a few seconds and the part you took will be on your desktop with the name you gave it.

Suggest you play the long file and look roughly where the cursor is when the first song ends -- that's where you will start highlighting what you want to export to your desktop.--