1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DTS or Dolby Digital Video

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by gw2k_101, Jan 28, 2002.

1. gw2k_101

gw2k_101 Guest

I want creat a VCD, in like MPEG1. I want to extract the Dolby 5.1 or DTS tracks from the DVD. I want to make a VCD that will play in my own tv dvd player and have the Dolby 5.1 or the DTS 5.1 sound like the original DVD. Can someone help?

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Nope, no one can help you, sorry :) VCD _only_ accepts .mp2 mono or stereo audio and that's it.

3. gw2k_101

gw2k_101 Guest

What types of files can play Dolby Digital or DTS streams. Can you make them into a file and burn them to a Cd/r and play them in a home DVD player? Can MPEG2 contain Dolby Digital streams? Another Question: VOB files found on Dvds are MPEG2 files. I make my own SVCD in MPEG2 form but will not play in my DVD player. Why?

4. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

SVCD and DVD are pretty different in terms of file structure, etc.. Some players require tweaks before they play SVCDs -- I recommend you to check out http://www.vcdhelp.com/ -- they have a long DVD player compatibility list that should show you if your player is able to play SVCDs.

SVCDs don't support DTS 5.1 either, but support multichannel MPEG-2 audio instead -- problem is that there are only very, VERY few audio decoders that are able to decode multichannel MPEG-2 audio files, which makes this option pretty useless (actually multichannel MPEG-2 was supposed to become an audio standard for European DVDs, but it kinda didn't happen :). So, if you insist having DVD backups with DTS, I suggest that you go to your local CompUSA and buya DVD-R writer, go to cd-recordable.com and buy 100 blank DVD-Rs and make 1:1 copies of your movies :)