1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

setup internet radio with XBMC

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by losers8, Oct 9, 2004.

1. losers8

losers8 Member

Has anyone setup there xbox media centre to receive internet radio ??

if so how's it done ??

2. punqewe

punqewe Active member

goto the shoutcast web page,right click on the yellow tune in buttons. Save the shortcuts to a folder....ftp the folder to your xbox. Now setup your xbox so that it's online.....goto your music section on the xbmc and look for the folder with the shortcuts. Click on a shortcut and wait for it to conect. DONE AND DONE

3. Urinlmynt

Urinlmynt Member

I used my saved winamp M3U internet radio stations...worked like a charm. Just FTP over and load it like a regular file.

4. skpippins

skpippins Guest

where do you ftp the folder toand how do you connect the xbox online i dont have to setup and account with live?sorry if this is stupid.

5. Urinlmynt

Urinlmynt Member

The last thing you really want on your modded xbox is a live account. If you've used xbmc you'd know that you navigate the folders yourself, so it doesn't matter where you put it as long as you know where it is. If you can FTP to your xbox then you should be properly setup already for it to connect to the radio stations.

6. skpippins

skpippins Guest

thanks that shoutcast is nice.i use it at work wasnt really sure on xbox but this morning i messed around and it worked listening to music all day and thanks again

7. Urinlmynt

Urinlmynt Member

Not a problem, now if anyone can figure out how to setup the weather thing for my area I'd be tickled. It's real amazing what the xbox is capable of and feels great to tap into it. It's like being told all your life that magic doesn't exist then discovering that it does.

8. punqewe

punqewe Active member

with the weathe,just goto the settings and then weather....where it says search either put your cities name in or your zip.

9. Urinlmynt

Urinlmynt Member

BAH, simpler than I thought! Thanks man.

10. losers8

losers8 Member

I've got it working with shoutcast stations, but Can anyone tell me if you can use mms. targets ?

mms. is used for local and national radio stations, I want to stream these through the xbox. The radio stations are not on shoutcast.

Can this be done !!

11. Pombaman

Pombaman Member

Hi folks

I`ve tried to load those shoutcast tune in buttons, to my xbmc.. but they dont work, i only get the message, "xbox connect failed, check you proxy settings" and how do i do that ?

please help..

Best regards
    Pombaman

12. Pombaman

Pombaman Member

Hi

How do i set up my XBOX, so it is online ?

Best regards