1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiple AVI To DVD

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by dazzdave, Oct 13, 2004.

1. dazzdave

dazzdave Guest

Hi, I have 23 episodes of the simpsons season 3 in (DivX) AVI format, is there a way in which I can burn all of these on to one dvd and have a menu so you can watch eacj individual episode. The 23 episodes altogether will fit onto a dvd disc because they only add up to 3 point something gig. I have Nero Burning Rom, Nero Express, Nero Vision Express with Nero Recode if that helps. Thanks

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

You can use Nero Vision Express -->Make DVd Video -

Click the Add Video files button and browse to your files and load them up. Look at the bottom and click the MORE button -- Select the Make Menu on disc .

When you click NEXT -- you will see the menu that will be made.

Keep on going till you burn.

3. agent-k

agent-k Regular member

Nice one Jeanc1
    I've been trying for weeks to do this myself.
    Tried loads of different programs to do it but without any success.
    Just used Nerovision 3 (yes 3, I know it's not officially out yet) and it's writing it to the hard drive as we speak, complete with a menu and a nice backround of my missus. (nice? my missus? I am aware of the contradiction).
    I'll post the outcome when I've burned it later.
    It will give me a chance to test one of them Datawrite Grey 8x speed discs that I was given to test.

4. dazzdave

dazzdave Guest

Yeah I've tried that but when I put just four of the episodes in it goes over the 4.7 gig capacity and the episodes are only 140mb each - Help!

5. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Here's an extract from Nero Guides :-
    [bold]6. How many minutes of video can I burn on one DVD?

By decreasing the bitrate you will be able to burn up to 360 minutes on one DVD.

High Quality 60 min
    Standard Play 120 min
    Long Play 180 min
    Extended Play 240 min
    Super Long Play 360 min
    ***********************[/bold]

So, go at the bottom of your screen and click the MORE button ---> Click Video Options -----> Select DVD-Video Tab -----> Quality Setting opening can be changed from Automatic to any of the above steps.

When you make DVD's whatever you put in has to be encoded as such ; a good measure to count on is the length of time you are putting in, not the size of what you have.

6. pernes

pernes Member

Using nero vision express to put more than one film and menus on one dvd. Get the message when trying to burn: Not enough space for temporary files in the specified folder'c:\docume~1\lee\localsett~1\temp\: there are 1329mb available but the recording process will need 3448 mb.
    I have emptied the temp folder however I can not delete perlib_perfdata_488.dat, does this have anything to do with my error and how can I get rid of it?

7. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Your Temporary folder is set too low !

1. Start Internet Explorer.
    2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    3. On the General tab, in the Temporary Internet Files section, click Settings.
    4. Change the "Amount of disk space to use" setting by dragging the slider.
    5. Click OK, and then Click OK again.

If you want to get around that and not touch your Temp Folder size -- you can In NeroVision Express indicate a Folder you have made on your HD -- Click MORE -- Configuration --- Folders tab and browse to that folder you created and want to use for Temporary Files.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Do It Right , and you will be a Happy Camper ![/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2004
  8. pernes

pernes Member

Jeanc1, followed your advice of increasing temp folder incresded to 32000mb, the highest I could go but still get error message. tried your other option of creating ew folder but same error. Any other advice? thanks

9. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

[bold]@pernes[/bold]

Did you reboot your PC after the changes ? -- if you did and you still getting the same error, you should un-install Nero and do a clean install using their utility ""General Clean Tool"" on their web site :-

http://www.nero.com/us/Clean_Tools.html

NB. You should have started your own thread on this matter -- this hijacking of someone's thread sometimes leads to utter confusion.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Do It Right , and you will be a Happy Camper ![/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2004
  10. pernes

pernes Member

Jeanc1, Sorry for hijacking the thread still new at this. Have followed your latest advice uninstalled nero, downloaded and run nero clean, reinstalled nero suite, but still getting same error message. I am copying over vob files, is this correct or have I got it completely wrong and need to do some thing else when I want to put two films on one dvd with menus?

11. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Have you tried to load the avi or what have you directly in NeroVision Express ?

You can use Nero Vision Express -->Make DVd Video -

Click the Add Video files button and browse to your files and load them up. Look at the bottom and click the MORE button -- Select the Make Menu on disc .

When you click NEXT -- you will see the menu that will be made. You can change it to suit your need !

Keep on going till you burn.

Your error has me stomped !

12. AznBoy01

AznBoy01 Member

hey i can only put 5 video on my megan man nt warrior season that i got...i need help....

13. marc65

marc65 Member

Hello I have a question regarding vision express 3.
    I import 2 vcd discs, merge them create menus etc.. I then either burn to DVD directly or make a folder and then burn DVD with either Nero or Nero express with that folder. No matter which way I do it the disc plays in my computer using any DVD player software. They will not play on a stand alone player? I have tried different brand of media