1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Santa .. update

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by limelight, Oct 17, 2004.

1. limelight

limelight Regular member

For everyone thats wondering about this proggy, i bought the full version burned 6 avi movies off my pc with it along with a prog called divxrepair to fix bad frames, audio/video sync issues. The quality, time and price were all worth it.

Heres my opinion:
    -If youre new to the dvd recording, authoring, etc scene, this is a VERY easy prog to use.
    -I also tried the photo dvd thing with music, works great, with an easy interface.
    -its only 30 bux and does everything u need in one prog.
    -also transfers digital video to the prog to convert and burn (havent tried this one, but i assume its an easy setup).

My scores:

-Using Divxreapir (free), files only took between 15-20 min to fix.
    -Using that file divxreapir created, dvdsanta converts the movie to dvd format, takes between 3-5 hrs.
    -burning obviosuly depends on your burner..(i have a lite-on 851s 4x speed). burns a movie in about 25-35 min on average.
    -i ONLY use dvd-r discs (most compatabile with standalone players so ive heard, plus theyre a little cheaper in price) preferrably memorex 4x dvd-r.

well i hope my journey with dvdsanta enlightened everyone. if anyone has questions about it id be more than happy to help.

steve

2. limelight

limelight Regular member

no one uses this software?

3. grit

grit Member

I love DVD Santa! I had tons of video I wanted to put on DVD and this is very easy to use. I bought the full version and its way worth it!! :eek:)

4. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

I've tested it & not found it to be anything better than software I used before ... hence I stopped trial testing it [not a big fan of 'all-in-one' proggies myself] :|-~

5. limelight

limelight Regular member

seems like a lot of people dont like the all in one programs. i dont know why, theyre really convienent to use and easy to understand.

6. herbsman

I don't think anyone has a problem understanding it !!! LOL

7. grit

grit Member

I like being able to start it and walk away and go shopping and do my girl thing on Saturday and when I get home I have a movie ready to go. :eek:) Cheers!!

8. Jade24

Jade24 Guest

How does it compare to using TMPGEnc in terms of video quality? I'm looking convert some of my avi files so they can be played on a standalone dvd player and DVD Santa and TMPGEnc are the 2 most common methods it seems.

9. vossy

vossy Guest

i have 1 issue with dvd santa,it doesnt burn onto a full screen

10. blackball

blackball Member

Does TMPENC burn to a full screen? And how does TMPenc work?

11. dtwynn

dtwynn Guest

DVD Santa (any version), displays a message that my DVD drive (LiteOn DVDRW LDW-411S) cannot be found. No other software gives me this problem. Running XP Pro etc. Can anyone offer advice pls?

12. limelight

limelight Regular member

maybe it needs an update to find your drive correctly? i have a lite-on 851s, i think it was firmware i had to update in order for certain programs to recognize it.

13. blackball

blackball Member

I just started using the dvd santa and it is working great. It transfers the file as well as burns it to your disks.

14. limelight

limelight Regular member

as far as changing it to fullscreen, theres an option to switch between widescreen and fullscreen.
    The quality always, always depends on the source file, if the source file is blocky and crappy, then obviously your converted file will be as bad and more likely, worse than the original.

15. limelight

limelight Regular member

blackball, tmpeg takes at least 20 hours just to convert

16. hammer352

hammer352 Member

DVDSANTA is the best movie software on the market and the cheapest at 29.95 IMO dvdsanta is so simple it doesnt even have instructions and will burn a 9 gb movie onto a 4.7 disc. Since using dvdsanta I now have over 50 movies, not bad for a couple of months of burning...
    I tried to burn for over a year using all of these, x-copy platium plus,dvd wizard pro,nerodvd,easydvd, ullead movie factory 2, and some others with no results, but after I got dvdsanta burning movies is as eay as burning cds,,,,If you have ever had problems burning movies then dvdsanta is for you..hammer352

17. Troyers

Troyers Guest

I tried dvd Santa a few times now and I don't seem to get the program going it will not convert my avi files for some reason always getting a error message.

18. hammer352

hammer352 Member

have you dowmloaded this info from dvdsanta?...........dvdSanta supports almost all kinds of video formats, such as AVI, DivX, Xvid, WMV, ASF, MPG, VOB.... To ensure that dvdSanta can burn your most up-to-date video files onto DVD. You need to have some latest audio and video codecs installed on your PC. If you do have all the codecs you need on your PC, skip this part and read Step 1.

1) Install latest Microsoft DirectX 9.
    2) Install latest Microsoft Windows Media 9.
    3) Install the latest Official Xvid codec from http://nic.dnsalias.com/XviD-Dec.exe
    4) Install the latest Official Divx codec from DivX.com
    NOTE: It is VERY important .........their are links to these on the dvdsanta home page

19. herbsman

Having to upgrade to WMP9 is a bit of a bugger... IMHO ; )

20. control02

control02 Member

I used this for the first time and it burned well. However, when I play it on a stand alone DVD Player the screen is too tal meaning not the whole screen fits.
    Works fine playign in my DVD ROM drive on my PC though

Any ideas?