1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Burning .RMVB files with Nero

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Ragnarok8, Oct 19, 2004.

1. Ragnarok8

Ragnarok8 Member

Hey, newbie here

I'm trying to burn a .rmvb (RealVideo Variable Bit Rate File) with nerovision express (or anyone other way) on a dvd so that i can watch it on my dvd player.

I've done it with an avi file but nve doesnt seem to accept rmvb, anyone way to get this to work e.g. convert file, another program? rmvb works with real player but not windows media player.

I've done a search already but havent had to much luck, its probably quicker for me to just post it here, sry if there is already the same post elsewhere

Last edited: Oct 19, 2004
  2. Ragnarok8

Ragnarok8 Member

bump, plz reply

Last edited: Nov 7, 2004
  3. Ragnarok8

Ragnarok8 Member

well, i finally figured it out so ill post my finding

use winavi converter to change the source file to a dvd format using "Convert to DVD". Convert a few of your files and when you're done, use Nero Vision Express and select "Make DVD".

Drag and drop the entire folder that your converted into the NVE menu, you can change the folder name i think if you have multiple video files. Let it do its thing and just customize your menus etc. Burning an entire dvd seems to take quite a while (around 2-4 hours) so be ready

4. JJYkim

JJYkim Member

Hi.

I have the exact same question. I have a bunch of RMVB files I want to burn onto my dVD..but it just won't friggin work. T_T Do you know where I could get this winavi?

Also when converting rmvb to a dvd format, does the quality worseN?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2004
  5. evilherms

evilherms Member

I know some people can fit around 10 rmvb files onto a dvd 4.7gb that are about 225mb each.

When i convert my rmvb files with winavi, it turns out that i can only burn 6 onto a dvd. How do ppl fit 10? that would be very efficient

6. Ragnarok8

Ragnarok8 Member

In NVE, there is an option to reduce the quality of the video, which in turn allows u to burn more but with lower quality.

7. jam0cam1

jam0cam1 Guest

Hi everyone! hey, you know what...I tried doing what ragnarok8 recommended to do. take the rmvb convert it to dvd files using winavi. then burn the dvd files onto dvd. There arise 1 problem and several questions.

#1. When I put the dvd into my dvd player and my computer dvd player, it will play like the first 30 seconds, then it will start to lag really badly. It progressively lags more and more. i.e. "recommended" would sound like this: re...c...om......men...........ded.

#2. How do you make transitional menus? I.e. the start screen for most dvd discs that allow the user to "pick" which episode to watch.

#3. how do you make "chapters"? i.e. have a stopping point every ....say....15 minutes, so the user doesn't have to start watching the dvd straight from the beginning every time.

#4. Perhaps the answer to #1 lies here. What quality do you convert rmvb to dvd files with? Can you please list all the advance options that you have chosen in winavi? i.e. frame rate, format, ratio, resolution size, etc...

Thanks!

jj

8. ryuken

ryuken Member

convert them to mpeg2 and then use a DVD authoring program to make chapters and menu, then burn it with nero

9. Ragnarok8

Ragnarok8 Member

man this was ages ago... lets see now...

i dont remember where i got winavi, try download.com

i dont believe the quality worsens, i didnt actually watch what i burned, i did it for someone else

i managed to fit 12 (200mb/20mins) onto a dvd, try finding an option that lets you use the lowest quality (super extended or something)

like i said, i didnt watch the thing but the person i burned it for never complained about lag, and ive done it several times (around 5 times)

there should be options for menus in NVE... look around?

and finally, im no expert at this so i just stuck with whatever options (frame rate, format, ratio, resolution) was the default... it worked out for me

10. wolf123

wolf123 Regular member

Great news the version of Nero I have or some Codecs I have downloaded helped me and now I don't have to convert the R.M.V.B files too mpeg1 or 2.

The thing is this did not work about 3 weeks ago but something happened and now I don't have too convert them anymore and that is aw some.

11. abrogard

abrogard Regular member

Well I've got Nero 7 and it won't swallow an rmvb file - I have to use winavi to convert to avi first.

so I'd like to know more if you know more you can tell me. which nero do you have? what codecs did you download - do you really think it was a codec that nero now uses?

whether all this matters or not I don't know. If quality suffers with this transition to .avi then it matters. the quality is not good, that's a fact. it is only about vcd quality for me. but when I view the rmvb files I only have a little window on the screen - not a tv dvd thing - so I don't really know if that is the quality i started with.

if anyone does know about the quality thing i'd like to hear about it, too.

12. HitMan201

HitMan201 Member

Hey there, I have a bunch of .rmvb files and when i tried Ragnarol8's method,the converter couldn't do it; some sort of error (couldn't read).

So, if any one else wants to pitch some methods my way, I would be in your debt.

Thanks in advanced,
    HitMan201