1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help :0)

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by hellokitt, Oct 24, 2004.

1. hellokitt

hellokitt Member

Hello:0) I came across this thread and almost kicked myself to death for being sooo stupid.
    I brought a PCG-K25 notebook by sony vaio k series with a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-K12D
    It came with some of the following programs already installed:
    click to dvd
    drag and drop CD-dvd
    dvgate plus
    intervideo win dvd 5

I tryed to copy and burn a dvd and it wouldn't do anything it would just play the dvd.
    Then I brought Nero 6 and everytime I tried to make a copy and burn a DVD it would give me this error:
    Nero 2 encounter an error and cannot continue.
    This DVD is copy protected! cannot decrypt VOB file.
    copy protection error-the read failed because the sector is encrypted.

Then today I just happen to start searching the web on what I was doing wrong and came across this site and now I know I need DVD decrypter and DVD shrink to be able to copy and burn DVDs.

Now what I need to know is after I download DVD decrypter and DVD shrink can I copy and burn a DVD with the programs that came with my computer or is Nero 6 better to do this with?
    Because if I can use the programs that came with my computer, I will try to take the Nero 6 back and save some money :0)
    Also the blank DVDs costs a lot of moo la. Is there a cheaper way to copy and burn my DVD’s?
    Just to let you know I'm not selling DVD’s. I have a friend would let's me borrow his Hindi movies. I now love watching Hindi movies and would like to make a copy for myself to watch over and over again without keeping his too long. Where I live I have never seen Hindi movies before. He gets them from India; his uncle sends them to him. I really love the dancing and singing in the movies and the colorful backgrounds they rock. Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks much!!! Peace :0)

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

If I understand your question ... You don't want to spend any money on programs and just want to backup dvds, right?

If so, all you need is DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter. Use Shrink to create an ISO and burn the ISO with Decrypter.

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

and you were planning on burning them on . . . . , a paper plate ? If you don't want to spend $$$ on discs, just buy a 200GB HD and back your movies up on that. You should be able to backup close 40 movies on it and no discs at all.

Best of luck,

Pete

4. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

I do not think discs are that much. If you are planning to burn a lot. I picked up 100 Ritek Ridata DVD+R for $46 @ NewEgg.com.
    Do not be fooled, buy only quality disc or you will be throwing away your cash. Check out the forum for DVD media.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/47

update the same discs are now only $29 after the insipid rebate.
    http://media.fastclick.net/w/get.me...ProductDesc.asp?description=17-132-344&depa=0
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    DELL Dimension 8300 XP Pro SP2
    Pentium 4 3.2GHz HT 1GB DDR SDRAM
    2x160GB RAID 0 SATA HDD
    16xDVD-ROM 8xDVD DL+R/+R/+RW
    19" LCD. Dolby 5.1[/small]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2004
  5. ToxtethO

ToxtethO Guest

Im having a similar problem - I have been using Nero 6 and Windows XP and burning DVDs easily for a while but a couple of days ago it sopped letting me burn Avi files.

Have I deleted something I shouldnt because I split a film in two burnt one half and the other now doesnt work

Can anybody help?

I know about using Avi Codec and Tmpgenc etc but Nero used to do it all for me.