1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"One click" DVDs merge keeping menus

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dimad, Oct 26, 2004.

1. dimad

dimad Regular member

I don't think that any other tool can do it yet, so I'm glad to anonce that: starting with v 2.6 DvdReMake Pro can be used to merge 2 full dvds. :)

Procedure is completely automated, you simply import disks you would like to merge, go to "Tools\Merge DVD..." menu and select projects to be merged. As a result you will get a new project with a start up menu asking what disk you would like to go to. After that selected disk will play as if it is the only one on the DVD.

At any time during playback pushing "title menu" on the remote will take you to this start up menu.

It may be not a prettiest menu you've ever seen :) so feel free to author your own and replace the default one inserted by DvdReMake Pro. Just keep menu button commands.

Hope some people will find this feature usefull. ;)

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

For 2 Discs on 1 use DVD2One in the "Join" mode.
    The join mode is a very powerful new feature of DVD2one. It can be used for many things:
    Joining a movie that has been spread over 2 sides of a disk (aka "flipper") or even over 2 disks.
    Joining of different episodes of a (TV) series on 1 disk.
    Adding a music video, documentary or Featurette after the main movie.
    Adding an intro (for instance THX or Dolby) before the main movie.
    Or any combination of the above possibilities !
    The join mode is not limited to only 2 titles, but it can join any number of titles on 1 disk. Of course the total size of the titles you want to join has its limits. DVD2one has built-in warning messages to let you know when you go to far.
    The join mode has 2 different modes:
    Seamless. The separate titles are joined in 1 titleset, and will play continuously without interruption.
    Non-seamless. Each title is put in its own titleset, and there will be a small delay when the player goes from one to the other title.
    The seamless mode is the perfect mode for joining a movie that has been spread over different sides or disks. DVD2one will examine automatically whether the different titles can be seamless joined together. For this the video, audio and subtitles need to be the same.

The non-seamless mode will work with any title, and can be used in all other cases. DVD2one provides convenient ways to skip through the different title sets.

How to use
    The join mode is very simple to use, since it works like a repeated movie-only mode. After selecting the first title you come to a summary screen. Here you can select another title you like to add to the list, or start processing. If you select to join another title, you will advance through the selection screens again. The only difference is when using seamless mode, you do not have to select audio, subtitle and angle. The selection for these items is taken from the title to which the new title is seamlessly joined.
    Advanced Navigation Mode
    This new feature is experimental and may not work correctly with specific DVD players, or may have some unwanted side effects. It is recommended to try it first with a re-writable disk. It adds the following ways to navigate between the different title sets:
    · Right menu button for next titleset.
    · Left menu button for previous titleset.
    · Next chapter at the last chapter of a title
    goes to the next titleset.
    · Previous chapter at the first chapter of a
    title goes to the previous titleset.
    The menu button system may interfere with subtitles. Also if a titleset does not have subtitles, a dummy subtitle is added to make this feature to work.

Cheers,

Pete

3. dimad

dimad Regular member

Does Dvd2one keep original functional chapter/audio/subpictures selection menus? Does not look so from what you describe. There are quite a few programs which will let you put several movies (only!) to one disk - DvdShrink is one of them.

DvdReMake does a completely different job. One can put two (or more since one can merge already merged disks) small DVDs (with menus, extras, etc) to one DVD-5(9) and have fully functional original menus and navigation.
    Or author complex dvds even with simple DVD authoring application(s): put normal and widescreen versions to the same disk, or put movie and slide show to the same disk, etc

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

dimad, you are 100% correct! I just did a flipper disc of "A Time To Kill" using DvdReMake in advanced mode. I now have one complete menu with a seamless movie on one disc and after running it thru RB/CCE, The quality turned out perfect!

However, I did not know about this new feature in ReMake, I did it with assistance from this procedure at:

http://cdr-zone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=909

about halfway down the page by old hack. So, I actually kept the original menu.

My menu operates as it did before on each disc, bonus features, scene selection, etc., only now it operates as one menu without losing anything!

I do not know of another app out there I could have done this with.

Hoooray! Good job dimad!

BTW, does this new feature of remake allow you to merge the movie seamlessly using the default menu as the only menu?

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

You have 1 more who's chomping at the bit to try it now -

I'll try Tommyknockers next week -

Stay tuned, same Bat station, same Bat channel -

6. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Pete, you'll be impressed, I promise ya! :>)

7. aut0psy

aut0psy Regular member

Very interesting indeed!

How can I test out this new functionality without purchasing DVDReMake Pro first? Will the demo do it?

Thanks

8. dimad

dimad Regular member

@bigorange: I'm glad you found some good use for the Pro features of the DvdReMake.

@ScubaPete:
    Hope you will like it. :)

@aut0psy:
    Sort of. You can merge disks with the demo and look through the created project to see that things are put together but you can't export with demo to see how it plays

9. bigorange

bigorange Active member

aut0psy,

if you decide to purchase remake(which i highly recommend) spend the extra 15.00 and get the pro version, it's way better and well worth it. It does so much more including multiangles, interleaving, advanced mode for menu and dvd structure, etc.

I do wish it would let you export the files tho, so you could see it's potential, just a trial period with which you could do this, even if just for a few days :>)

10. aut0psy

aut0psy Regular member

bigorange

Thanks a lot. I will definitely look into it and consider the Pro version if I was to decide and purchase it.

11. MackemX

MackemX Regular member

@bigorange, I see you managed to merge a flipper ;)

you can't join flippers in the same way with this auto feature as it keeps both original menu's separate

12. bigorange

bigorange Active member

mack, you are exactly right and since I didn't want it that way I went the hard route and used old hack's method using advanced mode in remake, only I added more options for scene selections.

It worked beautifully and I ended up with one menu for the entire disc with the movie seamless. The menu was also the original menu.

I actually didn't know about the new merge option when I did it cos I hadn't upgraded Remake yet. LOL

Thanx for your assistance, I appreciate your input. Who knows, if I keep working with remake i may end up knowing half as much as you about DVD structure, LOL.

13. MackemX

MackemX Regular member

lol, I just like playing a lot trying strange things. Maybe you know stuff I don't know

I've just been playing with a episodic DVD set and trying to replace the Title menu with one that goes direct to each menu but keeps original menu's. Basically it's just like changing the first play in both DVD's and using those as the 2 button commands

you can subscribe to a thread at cdr-zone to get latest version updates if you want so you don't miss out on anything new :)

http://cdr-zone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=734

14. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Thanx buddy, I'll do that, that's a good site for info ;>)