1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eurovox Max problem

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by SteveEire, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lawlor59

lawlor59 Member

i know i just know that some can be cloned and some can't and so far the 2008 black model hasn't been cloned but is it as good as its predecessor

Last edited: Aug 9, 2007
  2. NEDSER

NEDSER Regular member

as far as i know the 2006 and 2007 can but 2008 cant, it is kind of hard to get your hands on a proper 2006 one i.ve tried all over the net for one for a neighbour but no joy as yet, i had one but id say it was a clone as it was so cheap, but if you want to send me your e mail in private msg and i have any luck i'll let you know and vice versa.

3. lawlor59

lawlor59 Member

i was told only the blue can be cloned and not the red. i was goin to buy the 2008 black model but want to see how others get on with it in case in has teethin problems

4. NEDSER

NEDSER Regular member

dont know anyone that has one yet but when my mate gets his i'll let you know..

5. lawlor59

lawlor59 Member

thanks nedser. ill keep you updated on any info i get

6. lawlor59

lawlor59 Member

if you want to send me ur email in pm i'll keep you informed

7. NEDSER

NEDSER Regular member

and vice versa

8. NEDSER

NEDSER Regular member

Just wondering if any one else is having any problems with Set.Sport 1 or 2 insert sim card is appearing on screen first then code being updated especially on 1 but 2 works sometimes..

9. williemcf

williemcf Member

yeah i got that this morning when i left the channel at rangers tv last night .( sim card then updating codes)10 minute later got all the channels back

10. pelinks

pelinks Member

hi steve came across your problem in the forum ,just bought a euro vox max 2008. how do i get firmware to allow me to flash box. [ im new to this i presume flash means getting it to work??]
    thanks pel dublin!!!

11. Cablemtk

Cablemtk Member

Guys these com to usb converters are hopeless and useless its best to have com port on your pc. You can get com port card for pc. I know its a pain if you have laptop but i came across the program which once you install converts your usb port as com port which sounds great but i havent tried it. Just search in google for usb to com software.

Secondly Flash is originally the memory used in all the cable boxes and in simple terms flashing just means installing the software into your box via Pc.

To flash your box simply connect your box and pc via NULL MODEM cable. You then use program to update the software on your box. Different programs for different boxes as well as files.

12. juc

juc Regular member

my eurovox went completely dead, i sent it back and they sent me a replacement one, im trying to flash it through voxer as this is how i did it last time, but its not working for me, any suggestions? couldn't use dnupman the last time so thats not gonna work. i tried plugging it out and back in but it just says sending, and nothing is happening :(

13. NEDSER

NEDSER Regular member

Hi will i left it for about an hour and it eventually came in but now the epg seems to be all over the place it shows a completely different programme to what's on...

14. barm

barm Regular member

Hi all
    Got some info that N*L are sending out a spike this weekend from a fairly reliable source.(Good source,but not knowledgable in technical side of N*L).I was told it is some kind of virus???
    I am still very sceptical about this info and dont see how they can send a virus! I have heard of voltage baing sent down the line(about 30-40 volts).
    Does anybody know if there is truth in this info?

15. NEDSER

NEDSER Regular member

I haven't heard anything about it but how would they do this without damaging any of their ownn lines or signals...

16. barm

barm Regular member

Exactly!And how would they do this without damaging hundreds of TVs, especially all the new ones(Plasmas,LCDs etc.)as they are packed with sensitive electronics.
    I think its a bullshit rumour!!

17. patwin

patwin Member

18. bcashion

bcashion Regular member

A friend of mine got a text message to say not to power their box on at a certain time or something like that. Seemingly they are trying something to stop the illegal boxes. Details still a bit sketchy, will update if I hear anything more.

19. NEDSER

NEDSER Regular member

Since yesterday whats appearing on a few channels is " service unknown" and "channel currently scrambled" its on tv3 and set. sports 1. so maybe they are trying something..

20. Celtic71

Celtic71 Active member

I know N*L are doing work in some Northside areas today , so it just might be a local problem

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.