1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mobile Phone Tools Download

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by GeeDaddy, Nov 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeeDaddy

GeeDaddy Member

I plan to have the files hosted on site but they are linked for now.
    http://free.angeltowns.com/geedaddy/
    I will add a how-to section when I get time, for now browse the forum for answers. Have fun all!

2. GeeDaddy

GeeDaddy Member

Hello all,
    Finally had the time to add a step by step walk-through for installing Motorola Phone Tools. Many other files available for your phone also. I will continue to update and add as time permits. Enjoy!!!

3. ak56

ak56 Guest

Thank you...your efforts are apppreciated a lot.
    But, I had a question..Is there a way to make Mobile phone tools work with Win XP SP2?
    Have been trying hard, it works fine with XP SP1 but hasnt worked yet with SP2.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2004
  4. GeeDaddy

GeeDaddy Member

Did you delete the programs and then start over? Install the 1.23c then the 2.16(update) without starting 1.23c at all. "REBOOT" Then start it and try to do an update before even connecting your phone. "There is an option for not searcing for the phone". If you can do an update then when you connect your phone you should be all in. There are many who have had no problems with SP2 and MPT. Make sure you have the COM port 3 or 4 open. Card file readers, USB cables for Digital Camera's or Camcorder's, as well as modems all vie for those ports. If doing the above doesnt work go into your "device manager" and switch whatever is using those ports to another. Good Luck!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2004
  5. ak56

ak56 Guest

I did all as is mentioned by you in this thread and on your website..But I dont understand what you want me to do with the COM ports...Could you please elaborate as to what you would like me to do?

6. pjx5x

pjx5x Member

Last edited: Nov 6, 2004
  7. pinkhaze

pinkhaze Member

After I download both the 1.23c and the 2.21b, I run the second one and I get a message saying that it doesn't find an earlier version on my computer. Then I tried to run the 1.23 but that stops halfway asking me to insert some CD. What do I do? Please help!
    Thanks in advance.

8. GeeDaddy

GeeDaddy Member

PinkHaze,
    What OS are you running? I would start over again and delete what you had installed thus far. Install the 1.23c and then install the 2.21b update over top of that without starting the 1.23c program. That should resolve your problem.

9. myfriends

myfriends Guest

Question:
    After installing the Phone Tool, Can I surf the internet with my Netzero dialup over the Cell phone.
    If yes, do I need to sign up for Data service with T-mobile? I have a motorola V300 cellphone.

Thanks,

10. myfriends

myfriends Guest

Pinkhaze,
    If it stops in half way of installation that means ur not unziping it first properly. Well it happened with me too. What you need to do (i suppose u r using windows XP), is download the software, right click on the Zipped file and extract all. And then run setup from there. it will not ask for any CD then. See if it works
    thanks

11. GeeDaddy

GeeDaddy Member

MyFriends,
    Yes you can use your Netzero account but most likely your service provider has a gateway that you can access directly. Who is your provider and what type of phone do you have? I'm sure there is someone here who can give you the proper WAP settings.

12. pinkhaze

pinkhaze Member

Thanks...I installed it. But I wasn't able to transfer all my pictures to the computer. It stopped halfway. I closed the application and then started it again. This time after the 'initialization', I got the red alarm icon on the computer. I tried running the earlier version first. It got done, but there was some problem with that com port thingie and some driver or something. It's getting so complicated! HEEEEEELP!

13. GeeDaddy

GeeDaddy Member

PinkHaze,
    Sorry, I must have been experiencing brain freeze. Just download MPT-3 from my site and then delete the previous install before starting it up. It has been there for about a week but nobody has paid attention to it and just struggled with 1.23c & 2.16b. Make sure you still do an update after installation!!!

http://free.angeltowns.com/geedaddy/

Last edited: Nov 11, 2004
  14. pinkhaze

pinkhaze Member

This was before I saw your reply...I did the entire thing again. I don't remember what I did differently but this time the red alarm didn't come on, and the program opened fine. Then I opened the multimedia studio and then it said that the com port was unavailable. I tried changing the com port and stuff but doesn't work.
    I'm gonna try doing it with mpt3 now. sigh!

15. pinkhaze

pinkhaze Member

GeeDaddy,
    The link for mpt3 in your website is not working.
    Also, can you tell me why the red alarm icon keeps popping up?
    Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2004
  16. GeeDaddy

GeeDaddy Member

PinkHaze,
    The link for MPT-3 is working, your inability to download has to do with your firewall or your browser security settings. The red alarm icon tells you that your computer and phone are not communication correctly.
    Open up your Device Manager > Modems > Properties for Motorola USB Modem #XX > Driver > Driver Details and make sure it reads "C:\XXXX\system32DRIVERS\usbser.sys" under driver files. If you got that far, you should be okay, but when you try to connect to MPT, and you get any kind of driver failure error, update the driver with 'USBMOTO2000.inf' which should be located in the MPT install directory.

Finally, if you got all this and you still have issues connecting, run the New Phone wizard, select your phone, select USB cable, and once the animated clock is running, then plug in your phone.

17. pinkhaze

pinkhaze Member

I checked the driver files and it does say usbser.sys
    and when I tried to update the driver the wizard told me that it couldn't find a better match for the driver than the software already installed. When I open MPT and it's doing that initializing thing, I don't get that red alarm icon anymore. After initializing, if I try to transfer anything from the phone to computer or vice versa, I get a msg box saying "The communication link has been broken by the phone".

18. GeeDaddy

GeeDaddy Member

PinkHaze,
    If it finalizes o.k. then do an update, if you had not done so already. If you have try the New Phone Wizard.

19. pinkhaze

pinkhaze Member

I did an update. Still having bad connectivity. Do you think there's something wrong with the USB cable?

20. GeeDaddy

GeeDaddy Member

PinkHaze,
    It sounds as if the COM ports MPT uses "3&4" are not available. If you are unable to change the ports in "Device Manager" there is a workaround if your using DSL or Cable for your Internet and your somewhat handy with tools. In Device Manager go in and delete the 56K modem, then shut the computer off. Then open your system up and take out your 56K modem. After doing so reboot your system and see if that has opened up the ports you need. If you have connectivity after that you can leave it as is if you so desire. But you should be able to re-install the Modem and it should auto-configure to another open port.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.