1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd backup loosing audio

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by epsos, Nov 5, 2004.

1. epsos

epsos Guest

hi recently i have had 2 back up all my dvds as my cousin has tendensy to break them.

i have used dvd decrypter to remove protection then dvd2one to shrink them n then nero to burn them but it failed so itried using clonedvd2 and that dd it but after watchng it for about 3minutes the audio was removed where hyas it gone what am i doing wrong can anyone help

2. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Dear Epsos,
    In your case, most people here would use DVD Shrink along with Nero. Have you tried this combination?

3. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Or even Nero recode with decrypter since you have Nero.

If you'd like I can supply you with links on how to use Shrink 3.2/Nero or decrypter, or recode/decrypter.

Not knowing your steps in DVD2One or Clone DVD 2 it's hard to say where you went wrong. If you want to tell me I'll try to break it down for you.

4. epsos

epsos Guest

okay here is it goes this is exactly what i have done

with dvd2one dvd decrypter then copytodvd ut that isnt wrokn it jus freeses so thats were nero cums in:

Insert the dvd u want to copy
    Open up dvd decrypter, select mode then file, select the folder you want the dvd copied to and then click the button at the bottom left, this will copy the dvd on to your pc
    Create a new folder on your harddrive and then open up dvd2one, select constant ratio and full move. For the source directory choose the directory you made with dvd decrypter and for the destination directory choose the blank folder you made then click next and check all the audio, let that compress when it says "Sucessfully finished processing" open up copy2dvd
    Select video dvd, then browse to the source directory you made with dvd2one, insert a blank dvd then select the file from that directory (should be called video_ts) then it will start writing :)

thats exactly whsat i dd but copy2dvd froze i dwnloaded ltest versoion but i dfnt knw

5. bigorange

bigorange Active member

epsos,

You are making something simple into something complicated by using way too many programs when one or two will do. The less the steps, or the most direct route, the less the chance of errors. Since you have Nero, try using Nero Recode.

First off, rip the files with Decrypter in file mode to the hard drive as you already have. Then:

1-open Nero startsmart

2-open recode

3-click on copy entire dvd to dvd, then click dvd-files

4-click on import dvd, when window pops up choose your folder with the decrypter rip you just did.

5- wait 1-2 min. for nero to analyze

6-you will now have a screen divided up into 3 categories, menu,main movie,extras,sometimes there might be a 4th called unreferenced material.

7-if you wish to re-author/edit, that is take anything out to reduce compression to improve pic quality, here is where you do it, click on extras, then click on the + mark. Leave menu and main movie alone,(I repeat, leave these 2 ALONE)

7a- The one exception to leaving the movie alone is if there are 2 versions, full and widescreen. I would then disable the one of your choice with the substitute still image feature and leave the other one alone.

8-click on each title in extras and preview it with your slider in the preview window, you can then disable each one upon which nero will ask you to substitute a still image, say yes. Or you can raise compression on each title thereby lowering compression on the movie, if you want to keep that special feature. You can eliminate all extras by disabling them all at once and not hitting the + mark, same goes for compression, you can raise all compression on extras at once, thus raising quality of movie by lowering it's compression.

8a-when you are done click next, and choose a temporary destination folder for nero to work out of. I would create a folder and place it where you can find it if need be.

9-check advanced analysis AND burn at once AND high quality mode,especially for large amounts of compression. I only use high quality mode for compression amts. of over 10%, the choice is up to you.

10-choose your burner as it's destination

11-click burn and wait 45 minutes to 1-1/2 hrs., depending on what quality settings you used. Have a drink or two, do NOT do anything else on your PC, I mean NOTHING!

12-please play your movie and enjoy.

This is a simple means for buring as you can get, recode does an excellent job, btw, and you're only using one program, after you rip with decrypter.

Let me know what happens.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6. epsos

epsos Guest

i havre the demo version of nero what is the recode part i dnt c it nyware sorry this sounds dumb lol im making it all to complictated im lookin for recoed and thankyou
    should i remove one of the widescreen ones so it will fit onto one disc

7. epsos

epsos Guest

sorted it i hadnt downloaded the update pac thankyou lol

8. bigorange

bigorange Active member

When you load and install the update packs, load all but pack #3, InCD. It has been known to cause problems with DVD software. Unless you have need for packet writing software.

Also, the demo version must be reloaded each and every month, it's good for that entire month. Then you must do it again til you decide to purchase(which I highly recommend) :>)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2004
  9. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

10. epsos

epsos Guest

sorry ddnt mean 2 sorry

11. Nephilim

No worries, just keeping things tidy :)

12. epsos

epsos Guest

i can not find recod on nero whhere exactly is it

13. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Have you loaded and installed the update packs? Do not load pack #3, InCD, it's packet writing software that can cause problems with other DVD software.

Here's the update packs:

http://www.ahead.de/us/nero-up.php

Don't forget the DVD plugin, which you'll need also for NVE(NeroVisionExpress)

14. epsos

epsos Guest

i have installed all of thm but incd cus i dnt like it either lol anyways i still cnt find it where abouts is it in starts smart or can u get to it another way

15. bigorange

bigorange Active member

When the opening screen in startsmart appears, look on the left hand side, about 2/3 of the way down is Nero Recode. If you don't see a list of programs, click on the two little v's in a little blue circle to expand the list under applications :>)

We are talking about Nero Ultra 6.6 right?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2004
  16. epsos

epsos Guest

yeah nero 6.6 lol ill try it do i have to lesave my computer y recoding

17. epsos

epsos Guest

it failed wt did i do wrng i followed ur steps step by step help??

18. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Did you save your log file?

If you mean leave your PC alone when recording, YES, look at the end of the guide :>)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2004
  19. bigorange

bigorange Active member

[bold] do i have to lesave my computer y recoding [/bold]

"i hv no id wat u r sa'ng". it's hard to understand "ur putr spk nd" no punctuation. :>)

20. Nephilim

@epsos

Not to be demeaning but correct spelling and punctuation will go a long way towards bigorange effectively helping you :)