1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HALO 2 conversion from dvd92dvd5

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by nastynath, Nov 9, 2004.

1. nastynath

nastynath Guest

This is how to convert from dual layer disc to single layer! I have done it and it works perfect, I have finished the game!

In short- game too fusking short! shame! :(

Unrar (unpack) the DL game to a specific folder, then insert the bat files that are floating around on the net and insert them all into the same folder, now you should have the iso game image that is too big plus 5 other files (which are the .bat files ok!)-

Double click on the halo2dvd5.bat file and it extracts all the files to a folder it creates, then it repacks/recreates a iso. Image of the game with the necessary files only to fit onto a dvd5. Though with the extraction and re-creation of the iso you need to have plenty of room on HD to fit it all- say 13GB should be fine.

What you have:

-rar files you DL 2.8GB

-ISO image u unpacked from rars 4.7GB

-extraction FOLDER it creates of the iso to make a new dvd5 iso image, it becomes 4.7GB (this becomes nothing when new iso image is created, except for what is not needed)

-then a new iso created to fit to a dvd5! 4.5GB

I have put this up to hopefully help people learn how it works, dont PM me as not interested, if you can't figure it out then buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

why go thru all that, when all you really need to do is, delete all the xboxlive files.. its a backup so you dont need xboxlive.
    dashupdate.xbe
    downloader.xbe
    update.xbe
    /media

with those gone, the game fits perfectly into a dvd5. im not done with the game.. but im thinking im halfway into it, and havent had anyproblems without those files in the game

3. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

why go thru all that, when all you really need to do is, delete all the xboxlive files.. its a backup so you dont need xboxlive.
    dashupdate.xbe
    downloader.xbe
    update.xbe
    /media

with those gone, the game fits perfectly into a dvd5. im not done with the game.. but im thinking im halfway into it, and havent had anyproblems without those files in the game

4. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

yea I did it the "removal" way too
    but still, nicely done nastynath!
    It dont matter when a game like this is too short (though I dont think it is)
    cos all I wanna do is play it again!!

5. nastynath

nastynath Guest

Jdilla

This is for those that DL the game from a torrent site etc and the image when unrared is a iso. image ok!

And yes, these instructions delete the xbox live stuff! I am up to Level 10, the game is playing perfect, not a thing wrong with it!
    My mates finished it and it played perfect- why do I know this? Because his copy is the same as mine, I created it!

This game will be played again on the hardest level -Heroic I think it is? So I get the extra level that I have heard of.
    Its a shame that we all have to work to have a living or otherwise it would be finished already! Along with the others I have! lol!

6. Jdilla

Jdilla Regular member

in my opinon, i think this is the best shooting game for the xbox so far.. the movies are tight, the sound is bangin', and the guns are addicting. i havent taken the game out of my dvd drive, its going to be inthere for a while.

7. nastynath

nastynath Guest

Jdilla,

Same here mate! :D

Good stuff!

8. mindstor8

mindstor8 Member

Hi Guys, i copied it to my computer through ftp from an NTSC original, i did the removal way, and Qwix stil saying that its a bit too big , what am i doing wrong!!!

9. nastynath

nastynath Guest

The game goes from 4,721,000 units to 4,550,000 units (from memory) and fits perfectly to a single layer dvd5 disc! :D

Make sure you have enough room on the HD you are performing this task on or otherwise it will start up with the extraction and will then drop out!

10. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

you can always try doing what I do
    use overburn, get that little extra

11. mindstor8

mindstor8 Member

I did removed
    dashupdate.xbe
    downloader.xbe
    update.xbe
    /media
    and now i have 4 633 551 463 bytes in the dir!!!
    still too big am i forgetting to remove something????
    i have plenty of room on the HD to do the process, Qwix is saying too big for fat
    Thanks

12. nastynath

nastynath Guest

mindstor8,

PM me with ur address and will send out my halo 2 kit dvd92dvd5.

ok?

13. OzMick

OzMick Guest

I haven't done it yet (just getting the game tonight, fingers crossed), but I hear that there are .bik (Bink) videos on the game. What I was contemplating doing was trying to re-author the .bik files with Bink/Smacker tools I found a while ago. As far as I can tell, these are free, and from the one time I've used them, allowed for you to specify a desired file size. Of course, the videos might lose a bit of quality, but it is really multiplayer we're getting it for...

Just my two cents.

14. nastynath

nastynath Guest

Ozmick,
    why do that?

The tool I have for HALO 2 to fit on to a dvd5 removes the live stuff. I mean there is no bloody point having it as you cannot play online with a modchip anyway!

Mine works crystal clear!

15. nastynath

nastynath Guest

I have sent out the Halo 2 dvd5 kit all!

16. N2HU

N2HU Guest

nasty... can you send that tool my way.... i wouuld love to a make a copy of this game... thanks.... i sent you a pm also...lol

17. jemoore

jemoore Member

mindstor8 did you get it to fit, what iso maker are you useing? Make a halo folder onto your computer. ftp it into that folder, Remove the xbox live folders said above. then use simpleX ISO to make your xiso. check the size of the iso.

18. mindstor8

mindstor8 Member

Right now, i'm trying to find a good isomaker, The problem, ids that my machine is not running XP , and Xiso and Qwix don't want to work properly with Halo2!!!!!
    So for now i'm still stuck!!!

OUPS!!! GUYS JUST DOWNLOADED SIMPLEX ISO, AND THIS ONE GAVE ME THE ERROR MESSAGE THAT POINTED MY PROBLEM!! I NEED A NTFS PARTITION , 4G IS TOO BIG FOR A FAT ONE!! SO I'M INSTALLING XP ON A PARTITION!!!

Thanks

Last edited: Nov 12, 2004
  19. mindstor8

mindstor8 Member

Thanks to all of you for your help!!!!, with XP everything went allright on the first try, Game works perfectly!!!

20. skpippins

skpippins Guest

nastynath anyway i can get that halo 2 remover. please