Moved to Here http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/531363

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by fergusrb, Jun 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Sorry Johhny not havin a dig at you. Click on my name and go to Drewish tutorial it will walk you through this process.

2. 7johnny

7johnny Guest

no prob! tnx for yer help

3. myloyams

myloyams Regular member

Damn Johnny, you got the software there, you should have got the instructions too.
    http://www.drewish1.co.uk/resource.htm Starview Setup Help Guide

4. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

No problem Johnny. Drewish's link is a starting point that should have all you want, but if it doesnt or you still have queries pleasedo ask anyone here and we be only too glad to help you out.

5. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Mylo its gettin to you now lol must be the sign guy/gal on sly movies.

6. 7johnny

7johnny Guest

got some readin to do.again tanx alot.I know us idiots are a pain lol!! Gnite!

7. myloyams

myloyams Regular member

Lol Scouser. It's funny how everyone does the same thing.......open the box....reach in and grab the instructions..........and throw them away !

I'm not trying to have a dig at anyone, but as you said, too much of these posts are jammed up with the same info over and over again.

it is funny though !!

8. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Goodnight Johnny and Good Luck.

9. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Same questions will always get the same answers lol

10. myloyams

myloyams Regular member

Alright, time for me to get some sleep, I've got a whole pile of nothing to do tomorrow, so I want to be well rested for it. G'night.

11. sc0user

sc0user Senior member

Goodnight Mylo. I went earlier and got a second wind wish I hadnt now lol will be dead in the morning.

12. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

- i had already stickied this entire thread a while back, dunno why though as this thread doesn't stop being updated long enough to need being stickied. If you mean the link in his sig that's nothing to do with Afterdawn. Also external links aren't allowed at Afterdawn however being as it's not advertising but just firmware info etc it's allowed to stay here.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2007
  13. reidpaul

reidpaul Member

hi ryan need a bit of help ,try to download file you sent me 257 but with not download am using windows xp and have a null cable any ideas why wont download to clone box thks

14. eamo32

eamo32 Regular member

Hi reidpaul, is the file a .zip or .bin . If it's a .zip, you will need to unpack it using winzip or winrar, which will give you a .bin file, download the .bin .

As usual, apologies if you already know that stuff.

15. reidpaul

reidpaul Member

thks emao does the gtrom loader not do this ?? so i uzip the file first ?? just that i am a novice also the Daily Mir**** has a right up about the Dbox in today's edition

16. eamo32

eamo32 Regular member

Unfortunately, the gtrom doesn't take care of it. So go ahead and unzip the file, you will then have ******.bin.

When you fire up gtrom, select the new .bin file you have just unzipped, and hit download.
    You will see, hopefully, a progress bar, which will get up to 100% eventually, probably about 2 - 3 mins. It will then say download complete, or words to that effect. Wait another 20-30 secs before disconnecting from your pc/laptop.

You should now be good to go. Go to http://www.drewish1.co.uk/ , click on the tools page link, and you will see this "Starview Setup Help Guide", click on the download link, an excellent guide to get you going.

As usual, there will be plenty of people around here to help you with any problems.
    I'm in work right now, so apologies if I don't reply right away to any further questions.

17. drewishuk

drewishuk Regular member

Morning all, terrible night, i was up till 4 am cleaning me home for visitors, then i went for a quick look on the pc but the net had gone down!, tis what happens when ya dont pay the bill i guess ;)

Anyway im in a cyber cafe around the corner so im online again :)

Nothin noticed last niht with the starview boxes, except that if you leave one channel on for hours and hours and hours, the picture may disapeer but sound remains, this is the only case ive seen on version 4.00 which can easily be fixed by changing channel back and forth so its not realy a bigy, more of a smally!

Anyhow, i sold me spare box yesterday, thats on its way now Thanksw for that, but now i sorta need £87 ish for talk talk bill otherwise i aint alloud my internet back on at home and its 50p per 30 mins here :( Sooo

Theres 3 starview boxes at my place and another 3 at my parents, im goin to sell off 4 of them and im keeping hold of the clone recievers for myself! so its only genunines for sale, loaded with whatever firmware you wish and delivered for a mere £40 each, all in good condition

So if you want one, i want you to have one otherwise the money i earned yesterday will be put into me coming to a cyber cafe all the time :(

So, **i won't keep trying to sell stuff here**

Anyone with any problems todaay and needing any help?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2007
  18. drewishuk

drewishuk Regular member

**removed**

Last edited: Jun 22, 2007
  19. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

20. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

good morning everyone,alright creaky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.