1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nerovision Express 2 Transcoding Problems

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Hywel, Sep 1, 2004.

1. rapand

rapand Member

Hi All users

I have also tryed to install all Nero versions and had all the problems that you all had,
    but the leatest thing it that my PC got virus and I try to fix the problem but in the end
    I reinstall the PC.

Now I wanted to test if the Nero software was working or not, so the first thing I did was
    to install XP Pro get all the sp on the PC and then I installed Nero and Nero Express
    Vision 3.

The only codec I installed was ( AC3ACM ) and ( Xvis-1.0.3-20122004 (Mpeg-4 codec) ).

And now I was very happy that it was working ontil the wife said that she wanted to see
    the " ER " that I had made with Nero Express Vision 3, then I got her on my back becuase
    the audio did not fit with the video (out of sync).

How lucky can we get...:-(

Please if someone have an idea was to do with this sync problem, just post something here.

BG

rapand

2. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Everyone,

I'm still around, just not able to visit as much as I did before, sometimes. :)

We have been made aware of issues with NVE calling on the DivX codec for some DivX files. With this latest NVE3.0.1.18, we have set NVE to default to using our own Codec when it detect DivX source files, to avoid these problems in the future versions.

Hi JDhannan,
    You state that"I'm almost more upset at not being able to create chapter screenshots or for that matter video images for use in the selection screen..."

Do you mean everytime you capture a screenshot using NVE, and then try and use this picture as a thumbnail for the Menu you have trouble? Can you give me the exact steps you take to cause this issue to occur? Along with the exact error message and when it seems to occur?

Regards,

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA

3. jdhannan

jdhannan Member

Every single time i have ever used the nero preview of the video to create a screenshot for use as a chapter picture or video picture, letting it play for more than a few seconds or touching the time counter at all will make the entire program freeze solid.
    and by "touching" the time counter - i mean touching it. The pointer won't even move, the very act of clicking in the timeline area makes the program stop responding.

4. Talksalot

Talksalot Member

Interesting comment jdhannan makes on certain program features causing NVE3 to suddenly freeze without provocation. I've found it does the same type of thing whenever I tried to edit button text while attempting to author a DVD. It did the same during other attempts and after update installs with seemingly simple features within the program. Once while choosing a custom background image, and even if I tried to preview the end result of my selections. The same problems recurred consistantly when tried several times, and the program froze to a screeching halt.

Finally I gave up and decided there was no way NVE3 could author a DVD as it now is, so I'm still waiting... but fortunately I've managed to rip and burn single movie DVD's using DVD Decrypter first, then burning them as UDF-ISO through Nero Burning ROM to HDD, then on to DVD. They play beautifully on our DVD player so far. As for .avi files, I've resigned myself to burning them to UDF-ISO archives getting 6 to 1 DVD on average. At least they are safely backed up from external storage and await a working version of NVE to turn them into those menu driven beauties I'd like to one day create.

Craig,

I love that Nero is approaching this problem by providing codecs as default to accomplish tasks, but wondered if it would be possible to include other functional default codecs to make it work as well. Seems rediculous to hit and miss guess which codecs are needed to make everything function, or turn some on and off to. I agree with MysticE that massive codec packs complicate things and questioned if a built in Nero specific codec pack might be more helpful? Correct me if I'm wrong, I realize I'm extremely new to all this... and thanks for sticking together with us here in your spare time. I look forward to hearing your progress reports and voice of reason.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2005
  5. section1

section1 Member

Hello to all..first i'd like to 10k all of u for the HELP you give.

i've recently encounter similiar problem with NVE3.
    i've read the entire thread today and found out at least one more mention to my main problem.

some detail:
    i'm using NVE3 (include the last pack nve30127..)
    Winxp-SP1 (with all ms updts)
    P4-2.4 GH
    256X2 DDR-DUAL
    HD WD-120

i've created a dvd-project with pic-slidshow and lots of small videos along with transitions and audio to each and every movie or slideshow.

couple of problems:
    1- when i add any transition to video file and i click on next than say regeret and try edit it...NVE crash with the following msg >> http://rotter.name/User_files/nor/421c2fb203662b95.jpg

2- in the main menu while i'll try chnge the video to display as PIC MODE and not VIDEO MODE (i'm using animated buttons) >> NVE crash.
    Picture 4 Example of the buttons i want to be displyed as PICS and NOT Video:
    http://rotter.name/User_files/nor/421c2f2a02604021.jpg

3- while trying to transcode the project with animated buttons...NVE crash (while transcode w/o animated menus its OK but i want the animated menu!!!)

my MAIN problem is no. 2....i want to be able to chng the button at the main menu to be displayed as PIC and not video.

BTW (for craig) - i dont get any LOG while the transcode if crashing

what i've tried:
    - Reinst DivX codec
    - Reinst DirectX 9.0c
    - Reinst NVE
    - Remove ALL nero products with their CLEAN tool and Reinst them.
    - Try inst the latest FFDSHOW

plzzzzz i'm baging 4 help...i'm desperte...

10x ALL

6. a.steele

a.steele Member

Just noticed that there are some new Nero software releases available... Nero is now 6.6.0.8 and Nero Vision Express is 3.1.0.0

7. st8sman

st8sman Guest

I have a fully updated version of Nero6. I to am having the same problems. I have read all of this forum. I have tried some of the things people have suggested to fix the problems. none of it worked! I also see that Nero reps are monitering this forum. They know about the problems. The 1st post on this issue was in september last year. The thing is "nero" we all paid good money for this program. It doesnt work. Not good enough! Fixing this huge bug should takes maybe weeks. Not months. what a joke! At least change the name from "Nero 6" to Nero sux"!!Yes I'm mad. I cant afford another program to do the job so i just have to wait for Nero to pull their finger out.Bet there gunna keep selling this lemon though.

8. aloge

aloge Member

im currently using nero vision express 2. my problem is that i can burn dvds fine, until i actually try to play it. what happens is that the MENU will appear on screen, with buttons and all. but thats it, its just a menu with buttons and no video will play, not on any standalone dvd player OR on any application on the computer. please help...

9. fil0

fil0 Member

Having joined this forum specifically after reading this thread, i have to report that i too am experiencing the same infuriating problems with Nero6 and particularly since Nero6 'reloaded'.

I've re installed windows (xp pro)on a new hard drive, installed a new graphics card and have the very latest versions of Nero 6.

The problems is always the same; a few minutes of progress of the transcoding process and it just freezes solid!

Not only the application itself, but my whole system i.e. it is totally unrecoverable and i must force a reboot of my machine in order to return to windows.

Not only this, but i have noticed when i sometimes play a video source (.avi, mpg, or .wmv) usually with windows media player, this also locks up and freezes my whole system.

I even tried a new application Cucusoft's AVI to DVD converter last night, in a bid to transcode my avi's with the hope that i could then just use Nero to burn them onto a DVD.
    Set the transcoding process going and went to bed leaving it to do its stuff.
    And this morning? Yep, you guessed it, so far into the process it had froze and locked up the whole PC.
    Forcing the inevitable reboot.

[bold]Re installing windows on a new hard drive with all latest windows service packs and updates, new graphics card (ATi 9550) and updated drivers, updated drivers for creative sound card, updated drivers for motherboard's chipset. Latest versions of all the Nero software uninstalled with the Nero cleaning tool, then reinstalled....[/bold] the list goes on.

Having used and enthused about Nero for a few years now up until Nero 6, I can only conclude thus far that there is something deep seated and seriously wrong with the new Nero.
    This is a great shame as it always was and potentially could still be, a great program and a definitive market leader.

If only...

I'm currently in the process of liaising with Nero technical support regarding this problem and up to now have just received standard, generic replies.
    If i eventually have any degree of success at addressing this problem, I'll report back here.

Craig (if you're still able to read this thread) i admire your honesty and decorum in your replies and look forward to you assisting us poor, hairless, optimistic souls further, in the future.

f

Last edited: Feb 27, 2005
  10. MagTrack

MagTrack Member

Hello Everyone

I,ve been following this discussion with great interest, since I`ve been having the same lockup problems.

Problems during transcoding vary:

System Freeze (rarely)
    Blue Screens (differing Stop Codes)
    most common Nero Error Message:

DVDEngine DumpExceptionInformation(): Caught SEH Exception 0xc0000005 during encoding
    [02:46:33] DVDEngine
    [02:46:33] DVDEngine ERROR
    [02:46:33] DVDEngine cause: 128 (nmc_processing_exception)
    [02:46:33] DVDEngine source: _VOBS::_M_do_guarded_processing ()
    [02:46:33] DVDEngine description: Exception during encoding

after updating to NVE 3.1.0.0 I got a new one:

[03:13:55] GCCore The following operation did not finish in the past 15 seconds: Graph control (Stream segment)
    [03:14:09] GCCore The following operation did not finish in the past 15 seconds: Grab still image (AVStillSource)

I got this one 4 times a minute for a period of 1 hour followed by:

[03:15:26] DVDEngine SEH EXCEPTION (0xC0000005: ACCESS_VIOLATION) was raised in EM2V.DLL at RVA 0x000014CD.
    [03:15:27] DVDEngine ********END: _VOBS - Process VOB

I have tried everything mentioned in this forum without success. I tried to remove every codec on the computer and installed ffdshow using the standard settings, but since I have been having problems with transcoding dv captured files, too (captured with vision express) I don`t think that could be a solution.

My local hardware store suggests blaming my Athlon XP 2100 for being unable to handle transcoding in general, so what is eveyone else using, sharing my problems? AMD, or Intel? I wonder if this leads to something...

Craig: Thank you, for being with us on this!

11. fil0

fil0 Member

I have an Athalon 2000...

I'm still having complete system freezing problems simply playing video (.wmv's in this case), either in Windows media player 10 or Nero Showtime. Usually two or three minute into the playback or occaisionally as soon as i open the movie file.

This is happening with or without Nero installed! (uninstalled via the cleaning tool)

Could it be an SP2 hotfix issue? Could it be a Windows media player issue?

Sorry... rambling...

I'm as confused as ever :-(

12. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi Everyone,

I know this is very frustrating, and a number of you have or will or may loose your trust in our Nero software. But I want to assure you that we are working hard to address all these issues.

This forum is designed to list problems and resolve them. So naturally you will only or mostly see posting from those who have problems. I have quite a large number of users who are having great success with our NeroVision Software.

And I've seen similar issues associated with a number of other Video Capturing and Editing programs, so these issues are not isolated to our NeroVision software only. But there are a lot of variables involved here, from Codecs, to system drivers, to source files, etc and the list goes on. This makes it even more difficult to address. This is not to say that NeroVision is bugfree, I would never say that about any software. :)

JDhannan,

I'm simply not able to duplicate your exact situation. I have no trouble on any system when capturing a screenshot from a source video, and then using this as a Thumbnail.

When I am in the Edit window, if I click on the Play button, and then click on the time-counter the playback stops and jumps to the time I selected. It should not hang or lock up. And while in the Final Preview Window, you can select double-click any thumbnail and an edit window will come up so you can select what frame you wish to use for the thumbnail of that chapter.

As for the other issues, I will check with our Engineers and see what they make of all the troubles that are listed here. I was supposed to address this back in December, but due to some unexpected problems, I was never able to address this back then. I'm due to visit Germany from March 5th to March 20th, so I hope to come back with a better idea of what may be going on here with NVE and the issues seen on this forum.

My testing in our US Labs are very succesful, but these are clean systems and are not what the 'real world' is working with. That said, my system at home is a 'mess', but I do not have troubles with that system either using NVE, though even I have had occastional hangs or lockups on that system. But retry's have always been succesful.

I hope to have a better response in a few weeks.

Regards,

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA

13. jdhannan

jdhannan Member

hello Craig,
    well, i tried it last night after installing the new updates, and it didn't work. However, upon trying it again, it seems to work.
    That said, it did freeze twice under the following circumstances:
    1.) I opened a file with mp4 encoding, and it told me it wasnt allowed to use a mp4 decoder, i clicked create chapters and it froze
    2.) i opened a file and clicked create chapters, moved around in the time line a bit and then clicked next (possibly with it still playing) and it froze

14. photog

photog Member

Good Morning / Evening Craig
    I just want to report that I for one have had no problems for quiet some time now. As you may recall I have been making DVD slideshows with scans of 35 mm negs (3MP) and digital camers images of about the sma size (both JPG 80%). Both have been v. good. You may be interested to know that with early versions, sharpened images (Photoshop 7) showed severe shimmering on screen (TV) unless sharpening was turned v. low. There in now an excellent toleration of digital sharpening both by nve and Photoshop CS.
    Thank you for your ready help and advice. Keep up the good work.
    Ron McDermott

15. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi JDhannan,

I tested this on my LapTOp which has Windows XP SP2 installed, Pentium 4 200MHz, and 256MB or RAMM.

I used an MPEG-4 file created by Nero Digital of XMen-2. I launched NVE3100 and selected Make DVD->DVD-Video and then added the MP4 video file. I then clicked on the option for 'Create Chapters'and clicked on the Play button. THen as the movie was playing, I would click on the 'Add Chapter' button. The chapter would be added, and the movie would continue to play. I was able to create 7 chapters while the movie continued to play without any hangs. I even clicked on the FULL screen and used the options at the top to create chapters while playing in Full Screen mode.If the movie is playing and I clikc on the green 'Position' button on the right, the movie would jump forward or back those few frames, but continue to play.

I then clicked around in the time line as you indicated, and clicked on play to make sure it was playing the video, and clicked on Next and still no hangs.

So I can only suspect that our software must be running into conflicts with other programs or drivers on your system, or it did not install cleanly. Have you tried using our Nero Clean Tool to remove our software from your system, then reboot and reinstall our latest NVE3100 and Nero Express 6.6.0.8 just to see if this resolves your issues?

Hi Photog(Ron),

I'm glad to here you are still having success. And thanks for the feedback, its greatly appreciated. :)

Regards,

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA

16. fil0

fil0 Member

Just wanted to echo that :)

17. Chunyu

Chunyu Guest

Chinese NERO

I have an option to select Chinese, but after i select it, al i see is??? and more???
    I have WIN XP PRO English. Is that the problem? I can see perfect chinese in windows and sites. Perhaps I need to install a special language pack in NERO? But i already have this option, do i stil need to instal?
    I have NERO 6.6.0.0 << i cant find the correct version language pack though....
    I believe NEro dont use big5 or Unicode...Can a programm fix this problems and make all those "???" back into normal chinese??
    I have a lot of chinese things i want to burn.
    I just bought a new DVD burner.

18. st8sman

st8sman Guest

As I said before I am having the same problems with Nero 6. I was talking to a friend of mine at work and he said he has none of the problems I have. He gave me a copy of his OEM disc. I deleted mine and installed his on my system. Mine was Nero express 2nd edition his appears to be 1st edition. Yippee! It worked. I converted AVIs to DVD. Had a menu that worked.Audio that sounds great. I am happy now. Hope this helps someone.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2005
  19. Talksalot

Talksalot Member

Very interesting st8sman... where can I get a copy of Nero 6 1st Ed!

No software should be so touchy that answers come down to software conflicts. That's what computers are designed for - running software, all different kinds. Granted, some files I first used had issues, but those I've since burned, converted and used to create a menu driven DVD since don't. All I ever got one time was what 'aloge' reported getting. A nicely burned, attractive but useless menu. Had carefully checked with Gspot to ensure all necessary codecs were represented, used freshly created files to work with, jumped through all the right hoops. No go.

Sure this is the place to find the most complaints about Nero, but there certainly are plenty to satisfy the contention that this software has serious issues that transcend being mere bugs... a bug would be more along the lines of smaller program flukes, not a complete failure to operate.

I respect Nero and appreciate any help we get here that can't be obtained from Germany, but some statements smack of those used by tech support for
    . From Nero I should expect better than patent explanations for why this software works for some and not others. Now I hear an earlier edition works fine, and I begin to think this is exactly the problem. If Nero worked before, it should still work now. Connect the dots and this picture becomes clear. It isn't other software or drivers or codecs doing this, it's NERO. I haven't lost faith in the program entirely, only this more recent version.

In my case this is not a SP2 hotfix issue (never installed it), or Windows media player issue (works fine for what it is), or that my computer is full of junk. I keep junk files on a slave HDD, and the primary HDD is reserved for OS and software operation only. My system has a P4, 2.0 Ghz, 512 MB RDRAM, Gforce 4 TI4600 graphics card, 120 GB Primary HDD, 120 GB internal slave HDD, LG Combo CD/DVD ROM internal drive, Sony DRX-710UL dual layer external burner, all running perfectly on Windows XP Home Ed., which should be more than enough equipment to get the job done using a good, functional, Burning/Authoring software bundle.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2005
  20. photog

photog Member

Hey guys!
    its weeks/months? since using Recode. Would you believe that it crashes and disappears immediately on clicking any one of the three action buttons. Gone without trace as they say.
    Could this be the work of the MPAA??
    Craig
    Have you any comments?

nevertheless NVE has produced DVD slideshows of JPG images with MP# audio and menus without a hitch.
    Ron McDermott