1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TES Oblivion Graphics help

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by cremos, Apr 6, 2006.

1. graffik

graffik Regular member

try disabling any and all addons try without it see if it works if not you may need to upgrade.

however stop applications you do not need running while playing to save memory and save the oblivion same useing the same memory locations. like a browser window may use same meory location or something or programs in active memory

2. dap100

dap100 Member

It still crashes. When I was using an enchanted weapon it paralyzed them and made it crash...

3. graffik

graffik Regular member

Like the doctors used to reply to people
    "Hey Doc it hurts when i raise my arm over my head" Doctor "Then don't raise it"

on serious side here is a website with user defined bug fixes (may require logging on to download just use free method)
    OBLIVION MOD DATASE

4. graffik

graffik Regular member

5. graffik

graffik Regular member

Ahh should just type all in 1 message doh last messae updating to the newest "SHIVERING ISLES" addon can update oblivion to its newest update and may fix old gfx issues

6. vompattti

vompattti Member

Hello, I've been playing Oblivion a long time, but now I've got a problem: My graphic settings wont change. When I start Oblivion, they are always the same. I can change them in-game, but when I quit and re-start they are back same.

All the (permanent) changes I can make are in the Launcher screen Options: Resolution, HDR, Antialiasing etc. Texture size I can't change at all, since it can't be changed but in-game and still requires re-start.

I believe the problem might be that when I press "Reset Settings to Default" in the Launcher Options screen it tells me this: "Video hardware unrecognized. Settings for medium quality."

The problem is, I want Ultra-High. There used to be the buttons in the low part of the Launcher Options menu, for different qualities, but there isn't.

[​IMG]

Is there an ini setting to change the Texture size? All else I can manage in-game, but the texture size doesn't change there, and I don't want to play with crappy Medium Texture Details.

Thanks for help.

7. Drugar

Drugar Member

I've tried this solution for the purple ground issue (though the line in my .ini is 'fLODLandVerticalBias=-1000.0000'). I've checked the .ini provided in the second post of this thread, it also has it on -1000.0000 so I figure it's still the correct one.
    However, all the ground is still purple, making me believe that maybe I entered 'LSD Addict' in the Custom Class name.

I've got an nVidia GeForce 8600GT 512MB. Also, I'm running it on Vista which may cause problems (and yes, I'm aware that asking resolution for a bug while running Vista is like asking for a cure for blindness while stabbing yourself in the eye, but it's worth a shot).
    Example screenie: http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa298/drugarflamberge/ScreenShot1.jpg
    Does anyone have an idea what the solution may be if the given one doesn't work? Thanks :)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
  8. gttdi

gttdi Regular member

try disabling any and all addons try without it see if it works if not you may need to upgrade.

however stop applications you do not need running while playing to save memory and save the oblivion same useing the same memory locations. like a browser window may use same meory location or something or programs in active memory

9. carapar

carapar Member

hello i do not have a purple ground problem but a rare dullish ground problem and i can walk trough it. does anybody have a idea what i must do and by the way is there to a way to solve this without disabling distand land because i like that it adds more realism to oblivion
    this are my specs

nvidia geforce 8800 gs
    intel core 2 quad
    3.2 GHZ
    4000 RAM
    360 gigabyte hard disc space