1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Pioneer A05...

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Solmaze, Nov 28, 2002.

1. Solmaze

Solmaze Member

Yeah i just got my first burner, and i surpose i am a newbie =x

So i wanted to backup one of my movies, i ripped it with DvD Decrypter, it was smaller than 4,7 GB - so i figured i'd go ahead and burn it.

Surposedly the A05 is a 4x DvD-R burner, however - Im only able to burn with 1x, wich is kinda crappy :)

Forgot this, About 50% into the burning, it crashes for no aparent reason... Figured that'd be good info also :p

Cupple of questions, could the fact that im using that burnproof shit, have anything to do with it ?

Secondly, are there any firstime mistakes, that are often made. Perhaps a cupple of suggestions on the matter ? :)

Perhaps alternative burning programs ?

Thanks in Advance!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2002
  2. superfan

superfan Guest

Did you use a 4X Media? If you are burning onto a 1X media you can only burn at 1X.

3. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Unlike CD writers, DVD writers are restrictive with the DVD media you use. If you buy 1x DVD discs, you can only burn 1x, whatever your drive is capable of burning at, doesn't matter. And if you buy 4x discs, but your drive only supports 2x burning, you can burn only at 2x.

I have the A05 as well and so far it has worked like a charm. I suggest that you make the ISO copy of your DVD to your HDD with DVD Decrypter as it states in our DVD to DVD-R guide and then try to use some other burning software to burn the ISO image (select "burn image" from the burning software, don't just drag/drop the ISO file into DVD, it wont work). Good alternatives are Nero (latest one, 5.5.9.17 is required to use with A05) or Gear.

4. masterdvd

masterdvd Guest

Sounds like you might be trying to burnat 4x on 1x or
    2x media.

As for software, have a look at DVD X Copy, it
    automates the whole process. It's at
    http://www.dvdxcopy.com

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2002
  5. traponski

traponski Member

hi,
    i do own my AO5 for a couple of days. already after the first copys he started to make problems reading any origial movie...brings an error or blue screen (XP). does anybody have the same experience and knows what could be the problem? i'm quiet a newbie....thx