1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back UP game cube no pso none of that stupid stuff

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by ñññññññññ, Dec 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I made this info I got it by searching on google an puting different ideas to work.

2. Mr69ways

Mr69ways Guest

Won't work. If you want to waste some mini cds/dvds doing it, knock yourself out.

3. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

it does work but if you were smart enough to read the readme file you would know that the gc boot disk only works on us consoles duh duh if you don't have a us console or a modified us console it doesn't work duh

drawback though the damn boot disk needs support for dvd-r and rw not just cd-r

4. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

and if you where smart enough to read the boot disk and how to build it you would notice that you use mini cd-r's to make it not mini dvd's

but the rest of the forum is bull s*** you can't just burn gc games in your dvd drive what a croak of garbage

5. udlras

udlras Guest

ok,
    1) how do you know it works if you cannot try it?
    2) you can burn cabe cube games, but wether or not you can read them is a diffrent issue

6. johnodd4

johnodd4 Guest

first off no you cannot burn gamecube games unless you stream the game to a computer and then burn the iso

i finally got everything figured out and it's running just fine

what i was talking about was they said you could just place the gc disk in the dvd drive of the computer and burn the game directly off of the cd which you cannot do

7. coldasice

coldasice Guest

Hey johnodd4,

What's the URL that you downloaded that Boot CD from? Can't quite find it on that group you posted?

Cheers mate!

8. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

You need to be patient it is hard for the pc to read GC disks mine
    took from 9:44pm to 10:04am you may need to leave your pc on over
    night.

"-Make a New folder on your desktop name it GC game copy
    -Now open clone cd and hit the *read image file* button (glasses
    next to a disk picture)
    -Make sure the game is in the drive but the drive *MUST* be open
    selct the drive your GC disk is in and hit next Clone cd *MUST*"

That's the most retarded thing I've read in my life :|

9. YM2151

YM2151 Member

You're an idiot. The GameCube has something like 24MB of RAM, and you claim you just throw CDRs in there and it magically loads it all into memory. Go away you troll.

10. rubixcube

rubixcube Regular member

I totally agree with you Quadratic. Whoever made up that information is a total idiot! No matter what you do you CANNOT, i repeat CANNOT read ANY gamecube game in ANY DVD drive on ANY computer because the data is on an opposite track path to a normal disc. This is the whole reason why noone has yet been able to successfully play backups without PSO and the BBA.

Cheers
    RubixCube

11. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Yeah man, and what makes it more stupid is that he said that you have to leave the drive OPEN so that your PC could read the disc :| :| :|

He also said that even though CLoneCD said the disc didn't read, it will read anyway :|

12. clone cd must close the drive for you.
    I didn`t write it but it worked for me as far as extracting the gc game it would say error reading sector xxxx but in the end it worked. I used a DVD Rom drive worked fine.
    If you didn`t try it how will ya know?

13. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Since when does CloneCD close drives? I know it opens drive, but since when does it close the drive?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2004
  14. You select a reader and hit next clone cd will close the tray for you it worked fine for me.

15. rubixcube

rubixcube Regular member

its obvious that he's not a very intelligent newbie (unlike myself *cough*) because there is no way in hell you can get a gc disc to read in a DVD rom drive. clonecd wont do it, alcohol wont and nor will dvd decrypter or nero. ive tried it and no matter how long you leave it for the disc just spins up fast and stays there, it never reads the data. try it for yourself if you try to open the disc in my computer it locks up your pc. personally i dont know why this discussion is continuing, considering it is on an impossible topic.

RubixCube

16. k4m1k4z3

k4m1k4z3 Member

nothing here carry on.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2005
  17. SuperTed

SuperTed Regular member

well to be honest, (sorry for bringing up this old topic again) my PC DVD-ROM drive does recon a GC disc.
    When I put it in there it takes about 5 to 10 minutes, but when I check discinfo in NERO it says "1 Session, 1 Track, DATA, MODE1" (don't know for sure about what mode ,not at home atm. so I can't check)

But never tried the thing with CloneCD.
    Btw. if anyone here can show me how real/fake this disc is....please do.

18. Ghost_Dog

Ghost_Dog Member

Were do u actualy download the boot disc from?
    And can anyone honestly say that they have tried it and it works for them?

19. you can`t browse the disk in my computer or my pc whatever it's called clone cd will read it and it worked for me no lockups. I had all the image files on my HD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.