1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot play dvd with unrecognized RCE protection

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by zemrudi, Dec 22, 2004.

1. zemrudi

zemrudi Member

I purchased Lord of the Rings Fellowship used and it has some unrecognized RCE protection. When I re-load it into DVD decrypter it says RCE protection unknown. After I backed it up to dvd after shrinking it with Shrink Dvd it won't play on my dvd player. But it plays on the computer. Can someone tell me how to get rid of the unknown RCE protection.

2. zemrudi

zemrudi Member

"correction"
    In dvd decrypter it says
    Region:1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 - RCE protection: No
    Copyright Protection System Type: None
    It plays on my computer no problem, but my x-box won't reconize it. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    P.S. I do have the playback kit for the x-box.
    Thanks for any help

3. zemrudi

zemrudi Member

""update""
    I downloaded trial version of DVD Region+CSS from dvd idle dot com. When I load the image and bring up the info on the region software, it says that it has region protection but it has not been set. Then after I burn it, it says that it still has the protection and it had been set to 1. I have tried everything with no luck. I even tried IFOedit to remove the region protection, and it did. But dvd shrink won't open the file after I use the IFOedit. Does anyone know whats happening.

4. gaspasser

gaspasser Member

I've had the same problems with some of the dvd's I've bought overseas. They play on my computer, but wont play on most of my dvd players, however, they do play on my Integra universal DSP-10.5 dvd player. Sorry I can't give you anymore help. I've seen the same RCE issues, and I haven't figured it out yet either.