1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VirtualVCR

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by Adavis, Dec 23, 2004.

1. Adavis

Adavis Member

Large hard-disk anyone?.

Just thought i'd start this thread seeing as no one seems to be talking about this great little freeware program. It requires ALOT of hard disk space - at least 40GB for an hour of data but the options are endless - much better than the software that came with my tv tuner/capture card. Theres a guide here:(under anaoluge tv capture chapter 6). Anyone else use this?

http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/capture/start.html

Last edited: Dec 23, 2004
  2. Giustino

Giustino Guest

Hi!

You are quite right ! Virtual VCR is good - at the moment I'm using a 40 gig hard drive ...in the future
    I will get a 160 gig.
    All the best and a Happy New Year

3. Adavis

Adavis Member

Apparently Tmpgenc xpress 3.0 handles tv captured sources quite well - though I haven't tried this yet(still trying to create space on my HD and get my head around IVTC/de-interlacing), plus i'm using composite video which doesn't help.

Anyone any experience with Tmpgenc captured sources?(i.e from analogue sources) and if so whats your process for encoding/muxing the wav to DVD or .avi etc? - sync issues and so on - be interested to hear :)

4. Quandtum

Quandtum Member

How does VirtualVCR comapre in performance to AMCAP? They both utilize DirectShow, but is one coded better?

5. rvdfan989

rvdfan989 Member

I use TMPGEnc Express, and it doesn't like files captured from external sources at all.