1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

wizardry dvd copier

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bballtjh, Jan 2, 2005.

1. bballtjh

bballtjh Guest

2. pulsar

pulsar Active member

This is suspiciously like dvdwizard pro. I would treat this software with EXTREME caution. I have just had a look on the weblink you gave us. It makes some pretty wild claims.
    To put dvd onto cd with no loss of quality would take between 8 to 15 cds for no loss to occur. To say you can make X-box, or PS2 games & not need a modchip, is also a pretty wild claim. When you make back up of games 99.9999999999% of people have to use a modchip.
    I really don't know how you make dvd copies without a dvd burner, perhaps I am thick but you will probably find that most here would concur having to have a dvd burner to do that.
    In short I would give it a miss.
    Get a dvd burner, 108s get a good rep, download dvd shrink & decryptor from this site, if you feel really good, get nero for your burning!
    Have a foray around this site to find out how to back up your games, & how to use shrink (although it is a pretty much 2 or 3 click & you are done)
    You could try & download the trial version of "dvdwizardry pro" & see how you get on. But do not be too disappointed if it fails to meet your expectations.
    Sorry to be a bearer of bad news, but life is fraught with bad news!!!

Kind regards,
    Pulsar

3. smokeya

smokeya Member

It works pretty well. Just as good as all the rest in my opinion. worked just as good as dvdxcopy but a lot cheaper. I hear good things about others but this and dvdxcopy are all I have used.

4. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I stand corrected, as long as it does what it says on the tin!
    Surely you need a mod chip for the games copies?
    Can you burn dvds onto cds? If so how? How many do you need?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2005
  5. wskirm

wskirm Member

I downloaded Wizardry DVD Copier, it didn't work as promised, not to mention their "Tech support" is non-existent (unable to reach anyone as there mailbox is full...hmmmmm). I discovered after downloading several of the programs I had already downloaded for free from dvd shrink. Have been unable to reach them for a refund, called several times as well as emailing. They offer a money back guarantee however you can't get your money back. Any ideas on other ways to reach these people?? HELP, I am feeling ripped off!

6. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I now feel fully vindicated! Smokeya, how does it all work please?
    Wskirm, I think that you have been ripped off. You may have to put it down to experience.

7. wskirm

wskirm Member

I have the feeling you are right, that is what happens when you are a novice, sometimes you have to learn the hard way. I will continue to bug them ... maybe they will get tired of me. Hope others will see this site and no fall pry too.

8. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Where has smokeya gone?
    Have you tried shrink & nero etc for your copying yet wskirm. They make a very good team. Especially if you have this little app;

http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html

Lots use it here, top stuff, well worth the money.

Here is a freebie for you to try:

http://www.dvd43.com/

Hope these are of some use. Unless you already have them of course!

Pulsar

9. wskirm

wskirm Member

Tried dvd shrink, haven't gotten it to complete a burn however I downloaded dvd decrypter and have had very good luck there. So far so good.

10. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Not wishing to sound patronising, but shrink does not burn. What did you use with shrink as the burn engine? Nero?

11. wskirm

wskirm Member

Thanks, no wonder I wasn't getting anything accomplished. I have roxio, nero express and my dvd. Guess I still have alot to learn about how things programs work together. The instructions are kinda vague which make it even more challenging at times.

12. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Roxio bites. Most here do NOT like it at all. I would uninstall it and get the roxio zapper (do a site search to find out where it is) Roxio is really really poor!
    With shrink it will automatically use nero, check the "enable burn with nero" in shrink settings. You MUST first get rid of roxio. It does not get on with nero at all!!
    Hope this helps.

Pulsar

PS I would take a look in the guides, there are plenty around. Scubapete is the shrink man.
    Like I say, use the site search facility. You will find everything you need.

13. pulsar

pulsar Active member

14. wskirm

wskirm Member

thanks, you have been very helpful.

15. pulsar

pulsar Active member

No worries, any time mate! Always a pleasure to help.

Kind Regards,
    Pulsar

16. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Take a look here too wskirm, this link may be of interest to you, scubapete is the shrink master, & you may have to uninstall nero & roxio, then re-install nero to get it working properly;

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/146857

Pulsar

17. tommyhnga

tommyhnga Member

You Have To Have A MOD CHIP to play the games. This DOESN'T WORK!!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2005
  18. tommyhnga

tommyhnga Member

Hello,
    I was sucked into this.when i read that no mod chip was needed to play copied games i had to try it. (sucker)Anyway it uses dvd decrypter to copy the games and you still need a chip to play them. every program that they sell in this you can get for free. it uses dvd shrink to copy dvds. as for copying dvds to cd it takes about 5 cds for a 2 hour movie. As for getting your money back. call your card company!!! tell them that it is a SCAM and you can not contact the company at all!! wizardry dvd copier it sucks

Last edited: Jan 30, 2005
  19. wineglass

wineglass Member

I just came accross this message board and starting reading a few of the messages and I felt compelled to respond and say that I myself was a skeptic of this site but decided to try it out due to the fact that they did offer a 30 day money back guarantee. This program is a pile of crap, it is a couple of FREE software programs that you can download online for free and these programs are not even made to do what this guy claims they can, nor does this man have the right to be selling this software, and this man is in violation of False Advertising, Misrepresentation, Fraud, Profiting from Fraud accross multiple state lines, the owner of this site is Christopher Lane and his address is 2812 Pine Circle Drive Pearl, MS 39208 and his home phone number is 601-939-4618. His is a Foreigner and does not speak english very well and more importantly he is a FRAUD. RUN AWAY DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THAT SITE! I got pissed when the mailbox was full and did some checking on this site and found that this site has a company by the name of Capitol Merchant Solutions that does all of it's credit card processing and their phone number is 877-495-2419. I talked to them but they said that they could not refund any money because when he set his account up in October of 2004 that he specified that only he wanted access to credit any accounts. I got even more pissed and did some more checking and found out that this guy has had THREE other credit card processing company's since August 8, 2003 when he created this site. The past three companys all cancelled him for fraud but yet he went to another company this Capitol Merchant Solutions and they refuse to drop him because he generates too much money dispite the fact that we were preparing to file a lawsuit to shut him down so noone else gets scammed. Since October 2004 this website has made in excess of $150,000.00, yes thats right Over 150 Thousand US Dollars. And that is just from The end of October to January 2005. This guy pays Yahoo premium dollars for his search spots and they also will not do anything to this point but they are looking into it. This Chris Lane refuses to take this site down and he refuses to cease and decist. If anyone wants more information on this guy please email me my email is webmaster@ebayorder.com and I DID get my money back but not without a fight. I was NOT going to let this shit head fusk me! Good Luck to all of you and I am truly sorry for anyone that has got screwed by him.