AfterDawn Forums

Motorola V180 USB driver

This discussion thread has 43 messages.

Hi i was wondering if anyone at all would be able to send me a link or ne thing so that i can get a USB driver for my Motorola V180.....i would be very thankful to ne one who can help....i did find a link through downseek.com but it has a bug..........Thank YOU
▼▼ This topic has 42 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
motodude Suspended due non-functional email address
Thanks ..
ok well i thought the site you gave me would work but my comp is saying something about not being allowed to open the program aka a bug is in it..........i really need to know if ne one else would be able to give me somewhere where i could find and USB driver for my v180 so i can get mP3's on my cell thank you all very much...
motodude Suspended due non-functional email address
Both xp and win98 versions of the p2k driver unzip and work fine.

trocar Suspended due non-functional email address
Phone tools does not seem to install...is freezes at Registering the files during the install. Any ideas? Thanks.
i got the phone tools program to work except of the fact that it cannot fond the motorola v180
go here:
http://www.cellphonemall.net/wireless/store/accessorydetail.asp?id=40843&phoneid=463

scroll down past the Information and Description of the cable to where it says, "Download - Mini USB Driver - SKN6371." Download and unzip that file. Point Windows or the software to the directory and let it find the drivers. Let us know if this worked for you.

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.

Hung like Einstein, and smart as a horse!
badflu Suspended due non-functional email address
I got mine from here, it works great with my V180 and V220 in windows XP, it cost me $2.99, but I think it worth it, btw, I am using MPT version
3.19e1.

http://www.livedeal.com/ShowItemDetail?id=673273
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 14 Mar 2005 @ 18:39

So MuCh TiMe YoU wAsTeD, ThAtS wHy I hAd 2 RePlAcE YoU....
Everything work, fellaz!!!

son of russian father and mexican mother here...
does anybody know how to restore a v180 back to its original settings, with all original sounds and pictures?

JoHnNyLaVaH
jlavah

do u think that u r smart by doing this??!! just keep sending ur posts to all the threads by the same problem??!! and by the way i know how to do it but i think u dont deserve that, go and read the forum rules first

will anybody please help me, mossyy is a bitch

JoHnNyLaVaH
u r making a big mistake!!!

mossy what do i do when i go to the page u sent me.... would u be able to send me a direct link at all plz......thank you.........who ever the dick is that is messing with mossy should take a step back b4 ...
go to this site http://www.fedupnow.com/ and register it wont take 2 mins then go to the application and u will find everything u want it for u phone :D

thnx for the backup HaHa :D :D

All these drivers keep installing "Motorola USB Modem" That doesn't seem right. Shouldn't the phone show up as another disk drive on my computer?

HI
I've been having the same problem.

But it seems like guys are suggesting something for a differant use. I want to be hook my phone up to my computer so I can put my own ringtones or picture/wallpapers on it. I don't intend on useing my phone as a modem or anything like that.

It appears to me that I need "Moble Phone Tools" seen here.
http://motorola.handango.com/entertainment/DesktopDownloadSoftware.jsp?siteId=522&javaDevice=V180&jid=866FD7576EFE1A529BCF942BF24F3F2A&carrierId=4&bySection=1&catalog=50&title=Java&platformId=6§ionId=5409

If there is something else I can use I would rather not pay for the program.

PS. Sorry for the long link if it streches the page.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 07 Mar 2005 @ 13:04
Wooster Suspended due non-functional email address
mossyy,

Thanks for the URL to fedupnow.com. Great site!
Wooster

no problem at all :D

Bolt_Head

there is a free MPT but if u check the stickie threads u will find it anyway here is the link
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/172799

LDK

what exactly u looking for??!!

Hi,

I downloaded the p2k usb driver and when I installed I've got the following error message: "The installation failed because a function driver was not specified for this device instance". I wonder if somebody have any idea of this error and how to fix it. My OS is XP.

Thanks,

Arty
aarocha

try different P2K Driver, and it should work....

I'm curious, are the drivers for the v180 and the v220 the same. I downloaded drivers for the v220 and everything is working fine... I just don't know if I need to download anymore for the v180 to work with mobile phone tools. Thanks.

oooh... and also, it doesn't appear that there is an option for a "v180" on mobile phone tools. I know that there's not for the v220, either, so is there another phone model I should click on for that?

This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.