1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New guides by Aldaco12. Please read

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by aldaco12, Jan 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

I hate the 'submitting guide' page of Afterdawn (1 figure per chapter. Shuld I do a guide with 87 chapters?). If you want one of my new guides:

- making a VCD with subtitles
    - recording a tape/a vynil disc on a CD

PM me your e-mail address (posting on the forum is forbidden due to spammers), if you're interested on some of them.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2005
  2. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

This is all very interesting, making VCDs etc. but this is the DivX encoding forum...
    Why do you mention them here? Or are you just trying to advertise them across different forums?
    Just wondering :)

3. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Because I usually moderate the (S)VCD forum, but I posted it across many forums...no spamming, no advertise!

4. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

i hope your being sarcastic :/

5. hrpskyrun

hrpskyrun Member

Subject: Subtitles - How do I get them on a backup?
    I use Smartripper, then DVD2AVI, then TMPGEnc to create backups of my DVD's but I lose any subtitles. I need clarification on the directions I am trying to follow at the link shown below, but I do not understand some of the directions in it and cannot get it to work. http://forums.lite.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/808

I would really like more detailed instructions on how to get subtitles but I want to keep using Smartripper, DVD2AVI, & TMPGEnc. I don't mind adding a couple of steps like the link(procedure) does, but I don't want to change my whole method of backing up my DVD's

How do I PM you my e-mail address?

6. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Mick69, the problem is 'only one figure per chapter' in the guide submitting tools. Therefore, since I've 87 figures, I've given up submitting guides.

hrpskyrun, select 'private messages' and read your PM area, there's something for U...

7. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

yeah thought so, just checkin :)

anyways m8, does the guide really need to have 87 figures?? thats a hellava lotta pics for just 1 guide, maybe you could chop it down a bit while still keeping it understandable....just a suggestion ;)

8. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

It's simple this: I've alteady spent many months in making that guide, I'm not going to lose any time more than that to reduce it of more or less 10 figures ...if Afterdawn isn't going to impreove the 'submitting guides' page my guides can go all in the garbage can ... (after all, even a '77 chapters' guide would be acceptable, for me)

9. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

hairy muff

10. JXP2307

JXP2307 Regular member

May I just say that I have read these, and they are very in depth.

Good job!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.