1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you get games for the V220 thru MPT?

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by joebone, Jan 9, 2005.

1. joebone

joebone Guest

title sez it all

2. namdarcs

namdarcs Member

Well you cant send games through MPT from what I understand

You have to load the java app proggy on your cell
    which can be done with PST and then use a program called midway to transfer .jad files to your phone to install a game.

Make sure the games have 128x128 other wise it wont fit the screen

I have all the proggies let me know if you need any of them PM me

3. Flandrel

Flandrel Regular member

Is there any possible way to get these programs as well. I just bought a v220 for myself and my wife.

Any instructions if included would be awesome too

Thanks

Flandrel

Last edited: Feb 6, 2005
  4. jolinshe

jolinshe Member

I need the mpt for my v220.if anyone had it, can you sent it to me. thanks

5. Flandrel

Flandrel Regular member

I have a Motorola v220 and managed to connect fine using the following:

These files downloaded from this site:

http://www.free.cz/motorola/

mmpt_1.23c_EN (mmpt_1.23c_EN.zip 09-Jul-2004 22:38 18.1M)

mobilePhoneTools_2.16_US (mobilePhoneTools_2.1..> 10-Jul-2004 02:06 18.5M)

these files from this site:

http://coma.fsb.hr/motorola/files/

PST_7.1.1 (PST_7.1.1.rar 28-Jun-2004 10:38 12M)

Midway 2.8 (MIDway_2.8.rar 10-Apr-2004 01:31 147K)

And even managed to copy an entire 350 page novel to my phone using:

Bookmaker (filesize: 289 kb)

I just picked up a 4 port USB hub that Fry's Electronics locally had on sale for $3.99 (Regular price $7.99). The hub had the 5 pin mini usb cable with it that works perfectly fine with the phone. So that saved me from paying $17-$27 for a cable for it.

Then I used the tutorial posted on this forum to connect to my phone with no issues.

I used Mightybop's tutorial on this page to connect phone:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/11/111426

Then did this to install games or books once run through Bookmaker:

How to install games or apps on a Vxxx T720/i V80 E398 & almost all other models.

Bluetooth method:

( Just drag the jar file onto the OBEX / PIM Object Push Icon ... It will ask you to accept on the Phone, And after transferring asks you to install.)

Data cable method: Make sure you have the data cable drivers installed.
    You will need these 2 programs.
    PST 6.7 or above & Midway 2.8 see Free downloads.
    Note: The new windows SP2 pack can cause connection problems (Blocks ports) if need be uninstall SP2 pack.
    **DO NOT CONNECT YOUR DATA CABLE TO PHONE AT THIS TIME.**

1) Install PST Phone Manager.

( PST will only run on win 98SE/2000/XP/2003 sorry not M.E.)

( Parts 1) to 10) only have to be done the once. This is to bring up "JAVA APP LOADER" in the settings menu on your phone. Midway will run ok on any win operating system as long as you have mobile phonetools installed.)

2) NOW CONNECT YOUR PHONE TO YOUR COMPUTER VIA THE CABLE.

3) Open up PST Phone Manager and wait for it to detect all the drivers. There's quite a few and you CANNOT CANCEL OR JUST NOT INSTALL THOSE DRIVERS AND EXPECT PST TO WORK. When windows brings up the driver install menu for each device, select locate driver from specific location and then point it to the directory you installed PST into. For mine it was.
    C:\Program Files\Motorola\PST
    Type this into the search in this location box. That is unless you installed PST else where. Then press next and do the same for each driver that pops up.

4) Open up PST (Right click "My Computer" icon on your desktop or start menu and select Properties. Then go to Hardware and then select device manager in the middle of the window).

5) Make sure you can find under the Modems subcategory the device "Motorola USB Modem" if you can't then, try restarting your pc & open up PST again to see if the usb modem driver try's to install. & remember the location for it C:\Program Files\Motorola\PST . If that don't work then uninstall the drivers you just installed and then try again from scratch making sure that you install EVERYTHING.

6) After you see the modem device, right click it and go to properties. Then click on the "Modem" tab and keep in mind what the port number is. It should be located above the Speaker Volume scroll bar at the top. IT'S THERE, VERY TOP IN BLACK. Mine was COM3 so just keep note of this.

7) Now go to PST and click on FILE> then click NEW> then click KJava File (2nd column on the right down) click on it.

8) Go to Phone>Read ( the little phone icon with an arrow pointing out would ) click ( your phone should be connected still ) If you get an error message that says "Phone not connected. Don't worry that happens a lot.. Just quit PST, unplug your phone, and then replug your phone and open up PST again. It should work as long as the Motorola USB Modem is there.

9) After its read from the phone, you should see the previously grayed out big button named "Enable/Disable Java App Loader Menu". Click on it and then let the program do the rest.

10) Now go to Phone>Restart Phone. When the phone is back up & running you can then close PST. & if it worked you wont have to use PST again.

11) Now to install a game or app on your phone first unplug the data cable then click on the center button to access basic menus, settings, go to java settings, and in there the first option should be "Java App Loader" (Which wasn't there before) click on that and then it'll give you a notice, "Insert Cable now"...at which point you insert the cable.

12) Now install & open Midway, when it asks for the port, input what you saw and what I asked you to keep in mind earlier when we checked the port of the Motorola USB modem. Midway is simple enough to use. Just a case of selecting the jad file for the Game/app you want to install on phone & clicking send jad. ( You need the jad & jar in the same folder for this to work ) Then cancel or download will pop up on your phone screen. Press the button under download and the phone will do the rest.

13) Midway only loads with JAD files. If the game/app does not have a JAD file or it wont send using the jad with it, then use jadgen to make one. The easiest way to create a jad i found is to select a jar file then create a short cut to that jar file, at the side of the jar file will do.
    Then right click on the short cut, click on properties. Copy & paste the target into jadgen. (LEAVE OUT THE " AT THE BEGINNING & END). It should look something like this:
    C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\SpruceMan\SpruceMan.jar
    Depending on where on your p.c. the file is. Doesn't matter where. Then click Generate JAD & a jad file should pop up at the side of the jar file. Delete the jar short cut. Then use that jad file for sending to phone with midway.

Hope this helps out.

Flandrel

Last edited: Feb 11, 2005
  6. rubuyath

rubuyath Member

when i go to pst and read phone it says interface error. please power cycle phone and repeat operation again. Can you help me with that?
    thnx

7. Flandrel

Flandrel Regular member

Sounds like it could be a loose connection on the wire connect. I had that issue a few times and had to play with the USB cable to get a good connection. I still tend to get it every now and then but not too much.

Also need to make sure phone is disconnected before doing the PST install. I had phone connected first time and screwed it up and had to reinstall it all over again.

Flandrel

8. Flandrel

Flandrel Regular member

Forgot one thing. Forgot what part of it that it was during the install where it shows a list of phones to choose from, but you need to choose the v600 even though you have a v220. Not sure why this is, but it works great for me.

Flandrel

9. recharge

recharge Member

Hi, I'm trying to get a jad file down to my V3. I've followed all your steps, all works great till I hit the download button on the phone and it waits a few secs then says download failed.

In the Midway "Download Status" window I get the following:

Opening Jad file ..............[OK]
    Connecting the phone.......[OK]
    Transmitting Data Blocks...[OK]
    Completing Transmission...[OK]

Opening Jar File................[FAILED]

JAR downloading failed.

Any ideas???

10. tempestms

tempestms Member

When I upload to my V400, I get this in Midway:
    Opening JAD file.............[OK]
    Connecting the phone.........[OK]
    Transmitting data blocks.....[OK]
    Completing transmission......[OK]

but on my phone I get:
    Failed:
    Invalid File

Can anyone help with this?

11. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

did u check if the game is made for V400??!!