1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No sound inTmpgENC encodes...

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by djstrobie, Jan 9, 2005.

1. djstrobie

djstrobie Member

there are probably a few threads like this, but please bear with me.

i have tmpgenc 2.5 and ffdshow 2004-10-12 installed and i cannot get sound on any encode i attempt. vcd files come out with sound and DVD mpeg2 encodes produce a silent .wav file.

perhaps i should try an older version of ffdshow or something? where would i find an older version?

any help would be greatly appriciated, thank you!

2. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

TMPGEnc doesnt like compressed audio..with compressed audio it will either produce video with audio way out of sync or it wont produce any audio at all..so what you'll have to do is decompress the audio to WAV with VirtualDub...

:.first load your AVI into VirtualDub then goto the audio tab and select 'full processing mode', then goto>>>file>>Save WAV...>>>give the wav output a name then just let it do its job. now this will create a separate wav audio file that TMPGEnc can now recognise and encode properly, just load the video as you normally would in TMPGEnc and for the audio select the new wav file that VirtualDub has created... and thats it, encode away.

cheerz

3. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Or you can load the file with VirtualDubBos. In the Stream___Stream List page you'll se the audio stream (AC3, I assume).
    You can demux it and compress it to the 'MP2 for SVCD' form with BwSweet /(+ its GUI).
    Now you can either Add it to the AVI (delete the un-working it from the streams and choose Video___Direct Stream Copy, first, then F7 to save it) or use it as 'audio input' in TMPGenc, to have a full MPG.
    Did tyou read http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/129217 ? The problem here is similar, but it's that TMPGenc can't decompress the audio (TMPGenc cannot the load the AC3 sound), not that the audio was converter badly and became out-of-sync.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2005