1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SIMPLE GUIDE - MOST DVD-9 MOVIES TO ONE DVD+R

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sublime77, Dec 8, 2002.

1. sublime77

sublime77 Member

Used: DVD Dycrypter 3.4.1.0
    Nero 5
    IFOEDIT 0.95

Insert the movie you want to copy into your dvd rom tray and load DVD Dycrypter Choose "Mode/ISO/READ R". This will let you know if the DVD is a 1 layer or 2 layer disc(DVD5 or DVD9). If it is a 1 layer it will fit to one DVD+R and read my DVD5 guide for details. Now choose "Mode/File F". We will be ripping and burning just the movie. Decrypter will highlight the movie for you. You also need to rip the "bup" file for the chapter that movie is in and the main "VIDEO_TS.IFO and VIDEO_TS.BUP". You need to have all these files to burn a working disc. Example:

VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VTS_01_0.IFO
    VTS_01_0.BUP
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    VTS_01_3.VOB
    VTS_01_4.VOB

Rip these files to your hard drive and when it is completed load your IFOEDIT095 program. Also make a new folder for your soon to be edited files. Call it something different than the exact name of the movie so that you can differentiate between the two folders. We want to take out all the audio streams that we don't need to make our files smaller so that it will fit to one disc. Click "open" and find your IFO file for the chapter (VTS_01_0.IFO). Now click "VOB Extras" and "Strip Streams". The default settings should work but also check off "Create New IFO Files". Make your destination folder is the one that you just created. Now click "OK". Now a new screen pops up and you need to check off the items that you want. I normally only check off the English 6 CH. because that is all I need. Now click "strip it". This may take about 45 minutes just like the original rip. When it is finished a box will say VOBpointers corrected. Click ok and close IFOEDIT. Reload the program and "open" your new chapter IFO file from your new folder. Now click the button "set VTS sectors". After this is done, you are ready to burn. Make sure that your new folder is less than 4.36 GB in size. If it is larger then you'll have to use a different guide to make 2 DVDs or compress the files. Now assuming that all has gone well, you can load your Nero software and insert your blank media. Click create a DVD/Other Formats/DVD-Video. Find your ripped/edited DVD files on the right and drop all the files in Nero's VIDEO_TS folder on the left. Check your settings and click burn. I used a +RW disc to make sure that my movies worked before burning to a +R disc. There it is, my simple guide. Comments or corrections?

2. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

nice! very straight forward guide.
    good work..
    peace
    seamonkey420

3. CAM

CAM Member

This is a very good guide, but need a little more guidance. When you say rip, is that the same as decrypting? I went to file and decrypt. Then I opened ifoedit, how do I find my ifo files. I went to file, project, open. Where it says look-in, I looked in my C: DVD_video and typed .ifo for file name. It came up with file not found and a lot more errors. What am I doing wrong.
    Thanks

4. sublime77

sublime77 Member

The DVD files are encrypted or coded so that you can't copy them to your hard drive. So DVD Decrypter breaks the code and enables you to copy them. Just highlight all the files as stated above and hit the big button on the bottom left of the screen. It's the one with the disc > hard drive picture. It'll take about 30 minutes or so for the files to copy to your hard drive. Then continue with the guide and IfoEdit.

5. CAM

CAM Member

Thanks, I did the ripping, now I am still having problems with ifoedit. How do I find my ifo files. I went to file, project, open. Where it says look-in, I looked in my C: DVD_video and typed .ifo for file name. It came up with file not found and a lot more errors. What am I doing wrong. thanks

6. gbnw28178

gbnw28178 Guest

You say above you only CHECK OFF the ENGLISH CH6 chapter. Well I have followed you guide so far to the letter. And all has gone well. But I am now up to point were I need to strip the languages. But I have about 5 English options to choose from. By default there are two with ID:0 checked. I have just gone with these only. Could you shed more light here on this!

7. dipstick

dipstick Member

Long, When you used DVD Decrypter. It makes a file location for you. You can change the location if you have your own folder in Explorer. The one I JUST did reads F:\FAMILY_MAN\VIDEO_TS\ You do not have to use that one, you can put it to any folder desired. To find out where it is, you can put the same DVD in your drive and open up DVD Decrypter. It should give you the same path for destination as you just did. Write that down and close out DVD Decrypter. Open IFOedit and press Open. By using the drop down arrow, find your file. Then click on the file and you will see the ifo file you need and open. After that you should be able to follow the guide from sublime77. Hope this helps.

gbnw28178, You only need the two languages that are checked one is for the movie and one is for the sub titles. You are doing it correctly.

8. CAM

CAM Member

If isn't not one thing it is another.
    I've compeleted the decrypter and the IFOEdit. I am ready to burn with Nero. I went to DVD, DVD video, I found all my ripped and edit files, I dragged them to the VIDEO_TS folder and clicked burn. Then what pops up " Please insert an empty medium to write to", it shows my burner empty. I have a memorex DVD-RW in my DVD writer. Does anyone know why Nero is not Recognizing my disk, DVD Decrypter is recognizing it as a 1X DVD +RW. Please help, I am getting more gray hair!!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2002
  9. SIDMAN007

SIDMAN007 Guest

I KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS COZ I HAD EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM WITH NERO. THE REASON YOU CAN'T GET THEM TO BURN TO A DVD-R IS BECAUSE YOU HAVE A BURNER WHICH IS DVD+
    SUCKS BUT YOU CAN ONLY BURN DVD+R OR DVD+RW IN YOUR BURNER SO IT WON'T RECOGNISE DVD-R DISCS. SORRY.

10. Skillet

Skillet Member

I am having a little trouble with your guide. First, in the beginning you said to choose "Mode/ISO/Read R" but I can't find that on my screen. Then you said to choose "Mode/File F" and I can't find that either. Then later on you said to click the button that says set vts vectors. And, of course, I don't see that button anywhere either. Can you help this poor newbie?

11. Skillet

Skillet Member

I am having a little trouble with your guide. First, in the beginning you said to choose "Mode/ISO/Read R" but I can't find that on my screen. Then you said to choose "Mode/File F" and I can't find that either. Then later on you said to click the button that says set vts vectors. And, of course, I don't see that button anywhere either. Can you help this poor newbie?

12. CAM

CAM Member

Mode is on your DVD Dycrypter program 4 button on the top, click mode, under that you will see File then IFO then ISO. Under ISO there is read and write, select read.
    Set VTS vectors is on the IFOEdit program 4th button on the bottom. It says Get VTS vectors.

13. CAM

CAM Member

So why does my burner burn CD-Rs.

14. twosparky

twosparky Member

CAM,
    cd's are all same format. either cd-r or cd-rw.
    DVD on the other hand have 5 separate formats.
    There are DVD-R,DVD-RW,DVD+R,DVD+RW and DVD-Ram.
    Recorders are for either DVD-R/RW,or DVD+R/RW.
    Unless you have one of the new recorders like the Sony which can use all 4 main formats(disregarding DVD-Ram).
    If you have such as Pioneer A03,4or5 you use
    -R. HP uses +R. others not sure, check with your manual to see which yours uses.
    Hope this helps.

15. Skillet

Skillet Member

I am looking and on the bottom of the screen there isn't any button that says VTS sectors

16. dipstick

dipstick Member

Skillet,
    What version of IFOedit are you using? Is it V.6 or V0.94? If you are using .94 get VTS sectors is the forth button from the left on the bottom. If you have V.6, I would get V0.94 on a free download here or at doom9.net

17. sublime77

sublime77 Member

I'm using IfoEdit095 and Get VTS Sectors is a buttom on the bottom.

18. carswell

carswell Guest

Earlier in this thread, SUBLIME77 said,

"If it is larger then you'll have to use a different guide to make 2 DVDs or compress the files."

Could someone elaborate more on the issue of compression? I've been under the impression that if you have more than 4.3 GB of information you have to use 2 DVD's. Is there a way to use compression to avoid this?

19. sublime77

sublime77 Member

Yes, but you lose quality. I only split movies worthy of 2 discs. Why burn to DVD if you're not going to have DVD quality? That's my opinion.

20. Skillet

Skillet Member

When I try to strip it comes up with an error message "Failed to open for writing" What does that mean?