1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't find the problem

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Atmos, Jan 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atmos

Atmos Member

My new Sony dvd burner has been working well for me and I have been using DVD shrink to burn all my movies (as i had errors with the decrypter and Nero). However, i started gettin some errors as soon as the writing of the disc began (at 0%) and now i get the same error everytime. I'm having problems on all movies that i've tried. When its supposed to start writing the disc, it says...
    "Write error Sony DVD RW DRU-710A\H1 T1"...then below it..."Writing short lead-out." then i have to press ctrl-alt-delete as the program dvd shrink has stopped responding.

I'm almost positive the decrypting of the dvd is working fine, and the Sony drive check tells me the hardware is ok too. I am using Windows XP and would appreciate any help i can get. thank you.

2. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

if your certain its not a media or drive problem....uninstall drive from device driver and reboot, uninstal all buring programs and reboot, reinstall buring programs and reboot, try again

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

If dvd decrypter and nero are giving you trouble with burning errors,what program are you using to burn?

Dvd shrink has no burn engine. It only compresses.Dvd decrypter and nero are the main burn engines for dvd shrink.Copytodvd may also work with dvd shrink.

You might be using poor media and trying to burn too fast. With that"writing short lead out error".That sounds more like a nero error. Check all your settings for shrink.

Can you tell us your process of trying to backup your dvd movies,step by step?

What brand of media and how fast you are burning?

4. Atmos

Atmos Member

Ok, i thought i was burning with dvd shrink because when i back up a dvd with shrink, the program decrypts and compresses the dvd and goes immediately into the burning process, although after u tell me shrink doesnt burn, i realize that it must be Nero doing the burning. I do not have any idea about what settings to change with nero or even shrink and i dont want to change the wrong thing.

5. Atmos

Atmos Member

the burning too fast might be problem as im pretty sure it is burning to the maximum speed. what speed should i try? could this help?

The process of backing up a dvd is to open the disc from dvd shrink (basically following the step by step guide for shrink given on this site), then create a back up (let dvd shrink compress and decrypt), and once this is finished, i put in a blank dvd-r disc. Thats where the error comes.

I am going to try uninstalling the driver i guess? and all the media also? how do i uninstall the driver?

6. Atmos

Atmos Member

I see instructions for how to burn a disc after dvd shrink is complete, but when i use dvd shrink it automatically burns the disc, and i dont even know how to use dvd shrink without burning the disc after the decrypting and compressing. It doesnt work that way for me (not that this way with shrink works now either).

7. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.