1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem backing up Friday night lights

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Dawiz55, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Dawiz55

Dawiz55 Regular member

I've tried using Dvd shrink/ANYDVD to back up Friday night lights and it still doesn't work. Any suggestions?

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

have you updtaed to the new AnyDVD that came out yeasterday? Have you downloaded the new version of DVD Decrypter Ver. 5.5.2.0? I used both to see if both worked with friday night lights and it worked with no problems. Both Programs did the job.

3. Dawiz55

Dawiz55 Regular member

i used ANYDVD AND dvd shrink. I thought that dvd shrink had dvd decryter togeher?

4. blakeas

blakeas Member

Will DVD shrink update the software so it can get around this new copy protection? So i should just use Decrypter along with DVD shrink to do "the forgotten and Friday night lights?'?

5. Dawiz55

Dawiz55 Regular member

i did ANYDVD AND DVD SHRINK and that took care of the forgotten.

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

DVDShrink usses DVD decrypter to burn if you have that option checked. You need to rip the DVD files off with Decrypter in file mode then when you open up shrink choose open file then go to the folder that Decrypter riped the files to and it will import the DVD in without the copy protection on it. Cause Decrypter took them off.

Or

If you have AnyDVD open up AnyDVD and then click on the about tab and make sure you have the latest version that came out yesterday 4.5.5.1 If you dont then upgrade to that version.

Both worked sucsefully for me.

7. Dawiz55

Dawiz55 Regular member

So i should use DVD DECRYPTER AND DVD SHRINK FOR FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS?

8. larrylje

larrylje Active member

If AnyDVD Didint work for friday night lights then yes try Decrypter make sure you have the newest version you can do this by opening up DVD decrypter then click Help at the top row of decrypter and slide down to check for DVD Decrypter update. if its the newest version it will tell you you have the newest version.

After that use it to rip the DVD onto your hard drive and then use shrink to compress it to fit your DVD5.

Make sure the disc is scratch free and clean also or you will get errors.

9. blakeas

blakeas Member

Thanks! Whichever is the fastest and cheapest (free). i just downloaded anydvd but it is only a trial version so i will only have it for 3 weeks. after that i will have to go with the slow method, decrypter, shrink and then nero.

10. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Actully there isnt much diffrence between running AnyDVD and Shrink or ripping with Decrypter and then using Shrink.

Both methods are fairly the same. The reason being is once you rip the files to the hard drive which shouldnt take long Shrink encodes faster cause its reading the files off the hard drive and not off the DVD drive.

11. squizzle

squizzle Active member

@blakeas

According to what I've been reading DVD Shrink will not have any more updates. Apparantly the guy who made DVD Shrink went to work for Nero. New movies have a new type of encryption (CRC) which is why Shrink is not working on these. New Decrypter update will crack this encryption.

12. Dawiz55

Dawiz55 Regular member

thanks guys!

13. StateQB

StateQB Guest

I am having the same problem too. Somebody please help! I updated dcrypter to the latest version, 5.5.2.0. I then inserted the movie, clicked on FILE on decrpyter. It then read it, I beleive I saw something like video_ts. When it was done, I clicked out of drcrypter, then went to DVDShrink. Click OPEN FILES, BROWSE FOR FOLDER, then I see FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS, under it, I see, VIDEO_TS, I then click ok. It then states Error. The system can not find the file specified. Whats going on? Can someone please help? Can I get step by step starting from starting Decrypter and clicking FILE.
    Also, I somehow got a Friday Night Lights ISO, and MDS. I think I went to decrypter and clicked on read, and it read the video_ts file. I tryed to burn that, it then stated "Invalid or unsupported image file format"
    I am new this. Please help.
    Thanks

14. walnut187

walnut187 Member

I am still having no luck. I have the latest Shrink, the latest dvd decrypter, the latest vob blanker, the latest anydvd and the latest nero, but i cant even get shrink to work after i have done what was said to do in this forum, could someone explain to me what using decrypter in file mode is? is it any different than letting it load up and hitting decrypt?

15. Dawiz55

Dawiz55 Regular member

so you tried this on what Movie?

16. Dawiz55

Dawiz55 Regular member

larrylje, does dvd decrypter converts the movie to an iso image? then do you use dvd shrink to shrink and burn it or is it small enough to use like disk juggler after it's converted to an iso image?

17. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You can have DVD decrypter do an ISO mode or File Mode. I prefer FIle mode myself, but others use ISO mode.

18. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@ StateQB

You went to the right place but you need to click on the video_TS folder then it will find the files.

go to
    Friday_night_lights and click that then click on the Video_ts folder then click open

19. StateQB

StateQB Guest

larrylje, thanks. I will try and let you know what happens. Thanks a lot for your help.

20. StateQB

StateQB Guest

larrylje,

After the Video_TS file was created. I clicked out of dcrypter, got on DVD Shrink. Clicked on OPEN FILES. Next a window pops up, BROSWE FOR FILES.
    I see FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS, under that is, Video_TS. Nowhere do is see OPEN. So I then click OK on the bottom of the window. After I do that, I am back on the DVD Shrink screen, I click BACKUP. It goes for a couple of seconds, then states, "Error", "Handle is Invalid"
    Is there something I am doing wrong? Pleae let me know.