1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RealMedia VBR help

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by r1th3n, Jan 24, 2005.

1. r1th3n

r1th3n Guest

ok i have a movie that is RealMedia VBR only playable in real player. i think it is gay because my media play divx and all my other programs i have {over half the programs on my computer are ones i dont even know about and i just have them to have them}. i have over5 dvd rippers and dvd copiers. 1 dvd-rw dual layer burning tray and 1 cd-rw.... i have alot of file converters... none of which can convert the file into a rm or mediaplayer-able file... im sick of it :(

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

Install Gabest's real media splitter or use Media Player Classic. With Gabest's filters and the real codecs which you would already have with real player installed real media files should playback using Windows Media Player and other dshow based apps.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2005
  3. shiroh

shiroh Guest

or if you don't want real player, try
    real alternative. its real media codecs bundle with gabest's media player classic and splitters.

4. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

If you really want to avoid real then go with mplayer. That way there are no registry entries and no install. Probably just one or two dll's files which you simply place in mplayer's codec directory.

5. r1th3n

r1th3n Guest

yea i just wanna make it an AVI file or something that i can burn to a dvd... i have that dvd shrinker and dvd43 thingy and yea i can rip them sorta but the files will burn just not be read by dvd players any info?

6. leing

leing Member

i have the same issue

i have a couple of realmedia vbr files which i'd like to convert to avi/mpeg to burn

i can't seem to find any converters that will do the job of converting/buring such files into vcd/dvd

any suggestions??