1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can not read EVEREST, any help.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by brockb, Jan 25, 2005.

1. brockb

brockb Member

when trying to read EVEREST with dvd shrink i get "Failed to read file
    Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

i have tried dvd decryptor also and it wont read it either. dvd has a couple very light scratches that should not be a problem

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You would be surprised !! Them little light scratches are more than likely your problem. The only real effective way I found for these problem disk's is to use a very nice piece of equipment called "DiskDR" (electric one) It will repair and fix any disk I have tried them all and this one actually works!
    The only other way is to get a hold of another copy of the disk. :)

Last edited: Jan 25, 2005
  3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Well maybe you think the scratches won't matter but they still could be the problem. That CRC error is usually from a dirty or damaged original that can't be read well enough to be ripped. It could also be from corrupt data on the original that reads fine for playback but won't let it rip properly. Make sure the disc is as clean as possible and try again. Do you have the newest Decrypter?
    If not update and try again. There are new forms of encryption out but I don't know if that movie has it.

Jerry

4. brockb

brockb Member

the scratches are extremely light. can i manually clean it with somthing. i have dvd x rescue, should i try that?

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

It can't hur to give it a try