1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD rebuilder with Quenc

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by rdjt, Jan 25, 2005.

1. rdjt

rdjt Guest

I am having problems in the rebuilding phase. Prepare and encode phase run without problems, but when I get to the rebuild phase I get error 0006: DVD-RB has found incosistency in source data between the PREPARE and REBUILD phases, aborting. I am not using CCE; although I guess I could use the demo version, but Quenc is free and doom9 forum says I can use DVD rebuilder with QuEnc. I am doing everything according to info provided in: http://www.doom9.org/mpg/dvdrb.htm

Any suggestions, anybody has seen this before?

My system:
    AMD 1500+
    11.3 GB of free space
    Win 2000

2. Stops

Stops Member

bump...having similar problem. Rebuilder crashed after running for 3 hours.

It crashed right after I confirmed deletion for working folder. I think it was a runtime error.

3. rdjt

rdjt Guest

I think rebuilder has many buggs. I am trying DVD2svcd with TMPGenc (apparently a quality free encoder). It takes a long time and it is complicated but I am willing to check results against shrink. Check the guides on doom9 before trying it out. Forget rebuilder for now till they come up with the new version.

4. sox2k4

sox2k4 Member

drop the $50 some odd dollars for CCE Basic. you will be glad you did. it is awesome and i have not had the first problem - the quality with it is unbelievable.

5. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

I agree with sox2k4,dvdrb/cce is a combo thats hard to beat.The only problems you'll ever have with it is, if your doing a dvd with multiple angles.
    Many bugs, would hardly be the right assessment, for dvd rebuilder.

just my two cents
    jD

6. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

The difficulty with the multi angles problem is or was an RB problem that has been largely corrected. There was a time when any extra angles would stop RB in its tracks, but I've done several multi angled movies since jdobbs began working on that specific point with great success. If you're concerned about multi angles then do a movie only backup and since the angles will be removed with the extra's, that will take care of it.

7. sox2k4

sox2k4 Member

yep...i have done several multi angle movies recently. it blows right through them without a hitch.

8. rdjt

rdjt Guest

When I said multiple bugs I only meant it when you use DVD-RB with Quenc, althought the latest update might have fixed them. Now since you recommend DVD-RB then maybe you can offer a solution to this problem:

One of the movies I am trying to back up has a fairly low compression (60%) with shrink. I know the movie apart from the main title has a narrative by some guy that basically plays the whole movie while some guy is talking about production etc. It is all in one disc and this narrative is part of the special features. However when Shrink opens it it all appears under the main title and the extras don't really constitute much. Even if I remove them the best I can get is about 63%. I wonder if you can somehow find a way to separate this narrative from the main with shrink to gain in quality or if any other software does it.

P.S. I originally posted this in one of my other posts but there it is again.

9. rdjt

rdjt Guest

Ok the update did work and I agree that rebuilder even with QuEnc yields good quality. The quality is much better than shrink, it just takes so looong (like a whole day when u chose the quality options). I'll try CCE next to see if it improves over QuEnc basically on speed basis because I don't think quality would be noticeable. Good job rebuilder!