1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

having trouble backing up the movie "the Grudge"

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Sirlance, Jan 26, 2005.

1. Sirlance

Sirlance Member

I try using Anydvd, clonedvd 2, and decrypter to backup this movie. None of them work. Has anybody has the same problem? Please advice.

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Not too many are going to have access since the title isn't released until this coming Tuesday. Are you using the newest versions of anydvd and dvd decrypter? Anydvd posts frequent updates. The latest version of anydvd is 4.5.6.2, released on 1/23/05.

3. CTxpress

CTxpress Member

Sirlance
    I just had The Grudge done last nite it came out perfect. CloneDVD2 wouldn't do it. But DVD Decrypter & DVDShrink would but I ran AnyDVD in the back ground. Might want to try that it might work for you also.
    Good luck

4. Shiseido

Shiseido Guest

I Rented A Copy yesterday, at first i tried ANYDVD VERSION 4.5.6.2 and DVD CLONE 5.1 No Luck,

Then i tried VOBBlanker 1.6 and DVDShrink,

After i Tried DVD Decrypter Then DVDShrink,Then VoBBlanker It Worked 100%.....Sayonara

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I think we need to start a totally new Forum on "Backing up new releases"
    It seems that every new movie that comes out there are hundreds of post about not being able to back it up? If you follow these instructions you will have no problem with backing up the Grudge or any other movie for that matter. It has not failed me yet.

1. Make sure you have the newest Version of Decrypter and Shrink first.
    2. Rip only the Main movie in file mode with Decrypter
    3. Open Shrink and hit "Re-Author"
    4. Drag your main movie from the right window to the left.
    5. Click on "Compression tab" and take out all the audio except for the 5.1 CH english.
    6. Hit "Backup" and save as an ISO to your HD
    7. Now burn the ISO with Decrypter or any other burning proggy you prefer.

If you need more detailed Instructions or like pictures you can use the first guide on my site here http://home.comcast.net/~bbmayo/index.html

If you have to continue to keep all the extra menus and crap you are going to keep running into problems not to mention you don't have as good of a quality movie because you had to compress the hell out of it to fit it on your DVD/R. I guess the choice is yours, but if you want a high quality back up without all the headaches then just do the main movie. :)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2005
  6. Sirlance

Sirlance Member

When you decrypt the"Grudge", what mode did you use (File or IFO)? This question is for "CTxpress".

thanks!

7. whirlble

whirlble Member

bravo! bbmayo and Shiseido. Those three programs do the trick. DVD Decrypter, DVD Shrink, and VoBBlanker work exceedingly well.

8. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

i do the same thing everytime. dvd decrypter has the key to actually fix the security features of the new movies. all you need to do is let dvd decrypter decrypt and let dvd shrink turn it into a dvd 5, then its all up to you because at the end it doesn't even matter, had to fall to lose it all but in the end it doesn't even matter.

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

10. CTxpress

CTxpress Member

Hello Sirlance
    When I backed up The Grudge, I used AnyDVD running in the back ground and use DVDshrink in regular mode not thing fancy. I can back entire movie with no problem.
    This is just The Grudge we're are talking about here right?

11. CTxpress

CTxpress Member

Sirlance
    I used file mode in DVDDecrypter. it's ripping fine but for some reason I can't import it into DVDShrink. So I used the method above.

12. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

use the beta version of clonedvd2 2.7.2.1 . it can be found here http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=124366
    i was getting the invalid file size error until i installed the beta version . i had no problems backing up the grudge with this version of clonedvd2 .

13. scottastr

scottastr Member

I actually had no problems with this one. I used any dvd with dvd shrink. Burned it with DVD Decrypter.

14. jbm2451

jbm2451 Member

I used dvd decrypter and dvd shrink for The Grudge and Ray to back up the whole dvd.
    In dycrypter click mode/read as an iso file. Save it to a folder.
    After dycrypter does it's thing go back and set decrypter to mode/write/iso and close decrypter.

Then open dvd shrink, click file/open iso image, select the iso image you just created with decrypter. Let shrink do the analyze then click on the folder that says unreferanced material. Then where it say compression "automatic" in the drop down to your right click on it and change it to still pictures.
    Do this just for the unreferanced folder.
    Uncheck the French language to get to 4300 MB or under then hit back up and burn with decrypter. Works all the time!

15. seadale

seadale Regular member

i too cannot get decrept to do its thing. gets stuck at about sector 7. i tried following the above instructions. not sure where i'm going wrong. may i ask a stupid question: how do you set up anydvd to run in the background, i have the trial version, & i keep hearing you guys use this term, but don't no how to use it? thanks in advance!

16. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

The Grudge- tried backing it up today ,1st. attempt with DVD Shrink failled it locked during analyzing at about 25 percent. I started over with DVD decrypter 1st then DVD shrink then roxio /Creator Classic have the ISO. on hard drive & will burn to DVD-r shortly . So far so good . Don't expect anymore problems but will post if found . hope this info is helpfull - thanx to all for past.present & future help! Peace

Last edited: Feb 2, 2005
  17. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

seadale: anydvd is programmed to work in the background. It is among the first things that load during startup. You do not have to do anything. Once installed and you restart, it's ready to go unless you turn its features off.

18. ladyfae

ladyfae Member

I copied the Grudge last night using dvd decrypter and dvd shrink. I had problems using dvd shrink after 25 seconds of analyzing the software it frozed, but I used dvd decrypter first then used dvd shrink, then used decrypter again to burn the movie it came out perfect accept in the beginning I have to fast forward the movie for to it to begin. Can someone tell me what did I do wrong.

19. kzar

kzar Member

Ok, here it is straight! I was able to finally backup "The Forgotten" and "The Grudge" after many hours of experimenting with different software. These are the programs that worked for me and if you don't have them then you need to download these programs or experiment with programs that you already have. 1) DVDXcopy Platinum RF (because of browser function). 2) DVD43 Version 2?. 3) Patin-Couffin. 4) AnyDvD v.4.5.7.1. 5) DVDdecrypter v. 3.5.2.0.

DVD43 and AnyDVD runs in the background of your computer so you don't have to start these programs after you boot up to your desktop. Note: DVD43 needs patin couffin to be installed for it to work. Also, Platinum RF kept giving me CSS errors with the AnyDVD software by itself so I had to combine it with DVD43. Use DVDdecrypter to rip the movie to your hard drive. After the movie is stored on your hard drive run DVDXcopy RF. Use the ADVANCE button and then BROWSE to the decrypted file. Then select all the tiltles, play with compression, and then burn the movie.

20. Shiseido

Shiseido Guest

I Read Somewhere That Columbia Tristar is snatching up the world's leading toughest CSS Protectors out there, making their movies, harder and harder to burn,

Originally i had trouble with Resident Evil 2 Apocalypse and The Forgotten and on Thursday night i rented The Grudge,

First I Used, DVDDecrypter VERSION 3.5.2.0 then VOBBLANKER VERSION 1.6.0.3, Finally
    DVDSHRINK VERSION 3.2,In Conjuction with my Anydvd & Clonedvd,

Having the latest Versions installed of these software installed is highly recommended, best of all most of them are free....