1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i demux all the audio streams of a .OGM so that they are in synch with each other?

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by pernstar, Jan 29, 2005.

1. pernstar

pernstar Member

I have a series of Dual Audio OGM's with 2 Audio Channels (which i have labelled Primary and Secondary) and a subtitle channel. I use TMPGEnc Plus to encode the video and primary Audio channel together, and then I use the program VirtualDubMod to extract the secondary audio and subtitle streams. The problem is, when i do this, the length of the secondary audio channel is different from the primary, so when i instert it into my DVD authoring program, the secondary audio is always out of synch with the picture. Is there a program that will demux both audio streams and the video stream at once. I am really frustrated so please tell me how i can fix this problem.

2. pernstar

pernstar Member

Sorry, never mind, i found the problem. Turns out that the program i used to convert the .ogg audio into .mp2 format actually shrunk the length of the file during the conversion for some reason (so DO NOT use Cheetah Audio Converter)

p.s. Yes, i do feel really dumb for not noticing that one earlier :p

3. cushion

cushion Member

hi,

I'm in a related predicament, I have a dual audio mkv file that I want to convert to dvd. (retaining both languages)

Could you please tell me which program (s) it is that you use to convert to mpg2 and which you use for authoring?

I currently use tmpg enc along with tmpg author, but i'm having newbie syndrome =(

Last edited: Jun 16, 2005
  4. dog3y3

dog3y3 Member

I recommend extracting both audio files with MKVextract or use VirtualDubMod. Then convert the audio to wave before processing (there are a few .ogg and .mp3 converters out there). That should solve any sync issues before putting it through TMPGenc or any other encoder...

COnverting to mp2 right from the kvm file is not recommended...since it might be difficult to know which audio is contained within the MKV.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2005