1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playback of dvd,s

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by chewbaca, Jan 30, 2005.

1. chewbaca

chewbaca Member

If I record a dvd+r /dvd+rw, will it playback on a dvd-r/dvd-rw player?

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Well it depends on the player, but more than likely no. If you have a burner that has a bitsetting option you can set up a +R or +RW to play like a DVD Rom, but it doesn't always work. Just out of curiosity, how do you know the player is only -R or -RW?

3. chewbaca

chewbaca Member

It says playback is suitable for -r , -rw

4. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

Then use -r and -rw. If your recorder has the bitsetting option and you feel like experimenting, buy yourself a +rw disc, set the book type on your burner to DVD-ROM and back up a movie. If your player plays it without any problems, than you can use - or + discs as long at you change the book type on the + discs. The reason I say use a +rw disc is because you can always erease it and start over again. Hope I didn't confuse the shit out of you.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2005
  5. chewbaca

chewbaca Member

What do you mean by setting the book type to dvd-rom and back it up.Tell me exactly what I have to do.

6. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

First off, find out if your burner supports + and - formats and bitsetting. Second, changing the book type on a dvd + r/rw disc to DVD-ROM will not guarantee it will work on your player. Third if you are going to experiment, buy yourself a +RW disc so if it doesn't work the first time you can erase it and try again. Last, what programs are you using to rip and burn movies?

7. chewbaca

chewbaca Member

Wolfnggr,I have a blank +rw on hand.My burner does support +r and +rw.I am new at this but quick learner.What do you mean by bitsetting.And how do I change the book type to dvd-rom

8. chewbaca

chewbaca Member

Wolfniggr,the programs I am using are dvd shrink,dvd decrypter,anydvd

9. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

I'm not sure how to do it with decrypter. I have nero and there are multiple ways to do it with this program. What you should do first before anything is to find out if your burner even supports bitsetting. If it does go to http://www.cdspeed2000.com/ and download Nero CD-DVD Speed V3.61. When you open it, insert the disc in the drive and click on extra and then at the bottom where it says bitsetting. Change the setting to DVD rom and hit set. Exit the program and start backing up like you always had. I've never done it like this before, so let me know how it goes. Hope I didn't confuse the shit out of you.