1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TMPGEnc problem

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by rprest, Dec 16, 2002.

1. rprest

rprest Member

I recently upgraded from the free version of TMPGEnc to TMPGEnc Pro. Since doing that i've
    had soem real problems converting files. I'm in the process of converting a stack of MPG's
    to SVCD compatable MPEG's.

I had no problem convering them (using the wizard, changing no settings), using TMPGEnc,
    but now with TMPGEnc Pro i either recieve the following message:
    "read error occurred at address 00402F40 of module 'TMPGEnc.exe' with 20656850"

or TMPGEnc Pro just crashes out. This happens everytime i load up any file.

It doesnt appear to be a corrupt version of TMPGEnc Pro as i've tried it on another machine and it runs fine.

If I cancel the wizzard and hit start a pop-up tells me i don't have a MPEG2 DVD codec installed, but i can play all files ok with either PowerDVD or Media Player.

Am I just missing a codec that was included with TMPGEnc and not with TMPGEnc Pro?

2. energyman

energyman Member

Hey. Here to back you up man. I just started a thred quoting the same problem. I get..... Read error occured at address 004810d3 of module 'TMPGEnc.exe' with 01f17C28, every time I encode. I was running win98SE on a slower machine (celeron 633) with the same version of TMPEG and never had this problem. O, and I'm not even using Pro, I'm using TPMGnc 2.59. So yah dude, just wanted to let you know you're not alone. Someone Please help us!!!

3. ada

ada Guest

Ah ! someone else with the same problem as me.
    Everyone "raves" about tmpgenc. so I tried it (v2.59) with windows xp and I keep getting the same.... read errors at location blah blah.

Could the problem be with XP ??
    Ada

4. gramercy

gramercy Member

I to have just got 2.59.47.155 of tmpgenc plus, although i do not get exactly the same problem i am having problems encoding mpeg2 svcd formatted files, when using the wizard it gets to the point where is shows you how much cd space the output is going to take up but is is not registering anything as if the disk is going to be almost empty. i tried an old trial version which works fine, i suspect 2.59 is rather buggy.

5. rprest

rprest Member

i think you are right. i tried an older version of TMPGEnc and everything seems to be running ok. had a few problem MPEGs, but converted them with BBMPG and VirtualDub and things are running pretty good now!

6. energyman

energyman Member

HEY! THE READ ERROR IS A PROBLEM WITH YOUR RAM. I changed my RAM and everything works great now. I had a bad "address on it". Also, if you have more than one stick of RAM and they are each running at different speeds (Example: PC 100 and PC 133), take one out so you aren't trying to run two different speeds. Hope this helps someone! Worked for me! :)

7. slam-er

slam-er Guest

I had this problem, I couldn't finish encoding an entire movie because this "read error" would happen everytime. After about 10 trys I started changing the CPU options. I found that unselecting "3D Now" features allows it to work ok. The read error has nothing to do with the RAM otherwise you would have problems with lots of other programs (which I dont).

This solution assumes you have an AMD processor like I do and were using 3DNow accelleration features... if not well then my theory is a load of garbage (I dont care, mine works now!)

Good luck!

8. energyman

energyman Member

Where do you unselect this 3dnow option?

9. aevans01

aevans01 Member

I had the same problem with the latest version of tmpgenc. The solution was to go to:-

Option>Environmental Setting> VFAPI plugin

Right mouse click on DirectShow Multimedia File Reader and select Higher Priority. Repeat this until it gets to the top of the list. This should now fix the problem.

10. energyman

energyman Member

So many solutions! Who would know where to start.

11. jayates

jayates Guest

I am running windows XP. I ripped a dvd using smart ripper to a dv2 file. I am trying to use tmpgenc to convert it to vcd. In the middle of the conversion i get an error "address 00000000" or my computer just reboots automatically. Can someone explain why?

12. energyman

energyman Member

Well dude, there are a bunch of solutions to your problem written in this forum, try some of them out :)

13. berlin

berlin Member

Thanks aevans01, your solution worked great!

For those still trying to find a working solution under this thread (since there seemed to be so many), moving DirectShow Multimedia File Reader to the highest priorty worked for me. I had been converting movies for a while, and the read error suddenly appeared the other day (no hardware changes had been made to my system, only new codec installations).

14. EwJ

EwJ Member

what you need to do is go to...
    option/enviromental settings/ click the VFAPI tab...
    now....

increase the priority of direct show multimedia file reader -- up to a value of 2
    decrease the rest to zero..
    then decrease BMP/PPM/TGA/JPEG to a value of -2
    and take the project file reader to -1 also..
    this should stop some of ya problems...
    it works for me and i had all the same problems as you guys above me.....

if it dont work..well...lie back roll a fat one and watch the bloody movie on ya Puter..

PEACE..
    EwJ

15. GMBootleg

GMBootleg Guest

download WinMPG off Kazaa