1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripping Sopranos

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by x_caliber, Feb 2, 2005.

1. x_caliber

x_caliber Member

Ive been trying to rip the sopranos dvds using both dvd xcopy and dvd shrink....i always seem to have a problem with atleast 1 of the discs from each season. i get the cyclic redundancy error in dvd shrink and another error in xcopy. ive tried xrescue as well but ive had no luck with any of these.....if anyone out there can help me out with this ill be very greatful

2. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

Hi X-caliber
    I actually have two complete sets of back up Sopranos--The first set I made when all I had was X-Copy and could only get maximum of 2 episodes per disk. Then when I learned how to use Shrink/Decryptor combination, I made them again with 3 episodes/disk, like the original. The cyclic redundancy error is generall caused by a scratched or damaged disk--sometimes you can get around that if you rip with DVD Decryptor first and then use Shrink--Decryptor has a stronger ripper and sometimes works when Shrink has trouble reading.--OK, well try that if you want--hope this can help you--Let us know

Roger (Whitfield)

3. Balaam

Balaam Regular member

Ripped and burned with DVD Decrypter, shrunk with DVD Shrink. It worked fine with all four season. Like whitfield said, try cleaning the dvd before you attempt to backit up again. But if you ask me, you should ditch dvdxcopy, and start using DVD Decrypter exclusively as your ripper.

4. x_caliber

x_caliber Member

actually guys i think it had somthing to do with a group of the sectors being scrambled.....seems though thats what the report in xrescue said....dvd decryptor said it is better at getting past that so im gonna give it a shot...ill let ya know how it goes...thanks for your help guys

5. x_caliber

x_caliber Member

ok ive tried it with dvd decrytper and ive checked to make sure the dvd is clean and im still havin problems with vts_01_04.....everything rips fine up to that point....then an error there pops up and everything shits the bed from there.....and get this when i do tell it to keep goin and then take what ripped and try to import it into dvd shrink it says there was an error with vts_01_09.vob....the thing is that there isnt anything past 08...thats all thats on the dvd....so im at my witts end with this....ive heard things about certain windows updates messin with peoples ability to rip dvds....you guys heard of this?

6. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

x_caliber--
    One more thing you can try that I know of--with Decryptor anyway--This is useful for many damaged/scratched disks--Open DVD Decryptor--First, it should be version 3.5.1.0--Go to "Tools", "Settings",set everything to "Default". Then in the "General" tab, change "Removal Method" from "Normal" to "Aggresive", in "File Mode", tick "Remove PUO's" For ripping in the "ISO Read Mode", tick "Remove PUO's" there also, in the "CSS" tab, under "CSS Cracking Method", choose "Brute Force"~>I/O Key Exchange" and "On Failure" choose "Yes"..Important: In the bottom right, "tick" the box which says "Ignore Read Errors", this is an excellent setting for dealing with scratched disks which may cause ripping errors.--Lets see if this works for you--let us know

7. x_caliber

x_caliber Member

still no luck guys.....at this point im stumped.....tried using the settings you gave me for dvd decrypter and still nothin.....im outta ideas

8. x_caliber

x_caliber Member

still no luck guys.....at this point im stumped.....tried using the settings you gave me for dvd decrypter and still nothin.....im outta ideas