1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

information is needed

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by vugege, Feb 27, 2002.

1. vugege

vugege Guest

I have read thru a lot of the threads and it has helped me a lot with most everything I wantd to do. Good site!!! What I need to ask, however, is that if an avi is encoded to mpeg and you only see black screen and the sound of the movie, is the original avi file corrupted? cos it happened for the first movie, i then decided to try another, which I was able to encode and burn perfectly. I tried another movie, and i had the first problem again, whereby its playing, but no picture - only the sound can be heard. i am just assuming the original morpheus file is corrupted. Is there a way to fix it at all? Secondly, (the first question was with movies) I have music videos that I downloaded from morpheus, supposedly they are in mpeg formats already but still my burner software will not burn the music videos. I am using easy cd creator platinum. Can I re-encode mpeg files or is there a way to fix that problem too? Sorry for the long questions. wld really appreciate answers. thanx in advance.....

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Music vids you download from P2P networks normally suck, that's why I prefer making my own backups :) If the files have these settings, you still have a chance:

-352x288, 25fps
    -352x240, 29.97fps or 23.97fps

...if your files fit with those settings, the file MIGHT be usable. Use this method: open TMPGEnc, go to MPEG tools, select Simple demux, select your .mpg file and demux it. Select Simple multiplex and choose the two files you just created and select MPEG-1 (VideoCD) as your format and mux it. Now the GOP structure has been re-created without re-encoding and it should work.

If your clips don't fit into settings mentioned above, just forget it, the quality will be too horrible for regular eyes.

And for your video issues, it sounds rather weird -- this happens with your PC? Take your CD to your friend and see if the clips work with them. Or if it happens with your DVD player (and works perfectly with your PC), it might be issue with TV format.

3. vugege

vugege Guest

thanx for the prompt reply. when I get home 2night, I will check the music files. so as i understand, it's just that the music files suck originally so it ain't no problem from my side.
    With regards to the movies, i will check with a friend. I don't have a standalone dvd player so haven't checked on that yet. its just that b4 encoding the movie, it was working perfectly. I can watch it off my computer. But after I encoded it with TMPGEnc and tried to playback the new mpeg-1 file, the screen was black, but the sound was playing. That is the issue. With one of them, I just tried to burn it anyways just to see if it would work, but of course, it didn't play. Its after I encode them is when I lose the picture!
    BIG THANKS FOR THE HELP SO FAR :)

4. vugege

vugege Guest

please, one last question. If I may ask, what do you mean by you make your own backups for the music videos?

5. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Ah, I have TV capture card and digital TV with appx. 15 music vid channels, I just basically collect music videos and burn them into VideoCD format and play them every now and then with my stand-alone DVD player. I "collect" older, not-so-often shown music vids, like '80s rock, etc.