1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

has protowall stopped java and screwed up my yahoo?

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by unioncity, Feb 14, 2005.

1. unioncity

unioncity Member

my yahoo mail account is not working properly and the face of it looks very cheap. I wrote to yahoo and they replied that the problem is that I don't have Java script enabled. I then noticed that Java isn't running and the reason, I think, is that my newly installed ProtoWall is blocking it! Should I uninstall Protowall and switch to Perr Guardian? And if so, by simply removing Protowall will I be able to access Java Script again (my internet security is set to "enable java")

I checked in my XP tools-java script console and the following errors are all recorded for yahoo mail:

Tabs_Init is not defined
    MenuButton is not defined
    LHCol_Init is not defined
    ylib_keyevt is not defined

what does this mean? The problem only occured after I installed Tracks Eraser Pro, Peer Guardian (which I replaced a couple hours later with ProtoWall).

How can I get my yahoo email account page back to it's original appearance and working properly?

2. p4_tt

p4_tt Active member

I had the same thing happen to me, it was my firwall that was blocking it for some reason

Last edited: Mar 5, 2005