1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

burning copy protected dvds

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bcakt6, Sep 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nailedny

nailedny Guest

Big Orange,
    Hi, long time no talk, but I am still reading all the posts. I have had alot of luck with backing up and now want to make covers. I went to cdcovers.cc and found and saved the covers like you said. Is there a trick to printing them? I tried one and it came out 4x6. What is the size I need? I haven't bought the cases yet so I don't have the size of the case. I want to print the covers and have them ready for the cases.
    Thanks again!!!

2. Wcombs9

Wcombs9 Member

Ok..i have tried dvdshrink and i keep getting the same error messages over and over. i have used dvd decrypter and that does not work. I finally tried AnyDvd and that did not work, i got a error message saying "read failed". I am using the recommended dvd media. i have a brand new (just got it yesterday ) dvd burner NEC ND-2510A 8X Dual Layer DVD+/-RW. I don't know what to do. i am totally lost. do i need dual layer dvds?? once again, i do not have that much experience with dvd burning or computers in general.

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Willie,

Use DVD Decrypter to rip your DVD then capture the files with DVD Shrink using "Open Files" - then go back to your guide -

4. tarisea

tarisea Member

bigorange clearly I am insane and imaaging things. When I go to http://cd.covers.cc/ I wind up in Piratos which is only half in english and when I click on anything it takes me to a screen and even though it is not in english I know it wants to install something. If I am in the wrong place please let me know. I appreciate your help.

5. nailedny

nailedny Guest

Tarisea, Go to: http://www.cdcovers.cc/
    I went there and had no problems. Then go to dvd covers. Do as Big Orange suggested by making a folder on your desktop. save the covers there until you are ready to print them. Good Luck

6. bigorange

bigorange Active member

nailedny, good job, I can use the help, LOL.

I use Nero cover design, it works very well. It's in nero Ultra 6.

Is that the program you are using? Under file you can set all your printer settings. I use kronenburg(?or something like that,LOL)& I use the 8 by 11 photo paper and use a cutter to cut them out, so I don't have to be precise on printing. ;>)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][bold]GO VOLS![/bold].Dell Media4600,XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,1024MB,280HDw/8MB,17"flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated5.1 audio,HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn832S-DL[/small]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2004
  7. soxbox

soxbox Guest

Gimpie: Thanks for the info!

I still am in need of dire help. I have gotten DVD Shrink to finish the backup in oh, a mere 6 HOURS!!! But I can live with that. I'll just do backups before bed. However, it did not burn directly afterwards. I am using Nero and have the Burn using Nero enabled. So when I go to Nero, I do not see any options besides making a VCD. I do not want that (at least I dont think I do). Any suggestions for either speeding up the backup process as well as how to make DVD Shrink burn the disc when it's done. I have 2 drives and the burner is loaded with the correct blank DVD. Also, if it helps, here are my computer specs: Compaq AMD Athlon 1.2Ghz, 248 MB RAM... Thanks so much!!!

8. nailedny

nailedny Guest

Big,
    I do not have Nero as of yet. I am using cdcovers. never thought about printing them on photo paper, good idea, thanks!!!

9. genesis4

genesis4 Guest

Hi there
    Ive been reading and reading all the great advice and I'll try not to make you laugh by asking this stupid question. I have been backing up DVD's for about a month since I got a new computer. I have DVD43 installed and then I use 1 Click DVD Copy. They all seem to work fine until now.... Some of them recently have not been playing in certain dvd players. Is this because maybe my burner is DVD+R and some players aren't compatible?? Does anyone know just how compatible +R is compared to -R? I dont know what to do. Cheers, Gen

10. genesis4

genesis4 Guest

PS - Scuba Pete your instruction manuals are amazing!!

11. soxbox

soxbox Guest

Ok... one more question... i am trying to give up using Shrink/Nero and trying the Shrink/Decrypter combo... I am following scubapetes wonderful instructions, however, while using Decrypter where it asks for me to select destination, it says that no devices are detected and it does not allow the drop down menu to be pulled down (grayed out). Now I know my burner is installed correctly. Nero recognizes it, I have burned many CDs before... I also just uninstalled it and then rebooted. It was found and shows up in the device manager. Any ideas? Your help is so appreciated. I am going crazy... frustration level is rising rapidly!

Thanks!!!!

12. Wcombs9

Wcombs9 Member

[bold]scubapete[/bold]--i finally have been able to burn a dvd! thanks for all the help!

13. gimpie

gimpie Member

soxbox,

I use decrypter to burn my backups. In Shrink, I select to create an ISO file and the place I want it to go (you can put it on the desktop if you like, that way it is easy to find). I only have 1 drive also, so i have to do it this way. I then right click on the iso file and select "burn using dvd decrypter". Decrypter will open with the file and all i have to do is click the burn button. If decrypter isn't recognizing your burner, this may not be possible.

With nero 6 you have options to burn a cd and a dvd. when you open nero and get the wizard there is a drop down box above all the selections on the left part of the wizard. it will default to cd i believe, you just need to click there and pick dvd. then you can burn your dvd.

i hope this stuff helps, as i have only been doing this for a month.

gimpie

14. Pattykmn

Pattykmn Member

This thread is AWESOME!! I can't wait till I have time to read the whole thing and download DVDShrink and Decrypter! This is exactly what I've been looking for!
    ScubaPete you rock :)

15. oukie

oukie Member

Hi Pete

I suspect it to be semi-type .....
    The original disc is a dual layer disc, and the used space is 6.5gb for all.
    It actually is my father's mother-in-law's disc and was purchased 7 days after latest movie on disc was released at cinema ..... That's why i suspect it to be semi-type... The other three movies is real good quality picture and sound... only one of them is poor picture but sound is good....

16. Shaddy

Shaddy Member

Ok, why is Shrink suddenly operating at a freakin' CRAWL? It is taking 2 hours to do what it usually does in 20 minutes. What's up with that? I go out there and buy 100 blank discs because of my newfound exuberace and now Shrink is acting up. What gives?

17. tarisea

tarisea Member

bigorange you are awesome. Thank you for your help.

18. bigorange

bigorange Active member

tarisea

Why Thank you, happy blazing ;>)

nailedny,

you can get nero ultra 6 free, it must be reloaded every month, but is good for the entire month. You can keep doing this until you decide to buy, which I highly recommend.

BTW, on the photo paper, you don't need the expensive stuff, once put in the DVD case the plastic on the case glossies it up just fine. I use epson photo paper which I pay 15.00 a pack(of 100) for.

Also I get my cases on ebay for 15-20.00 a case(of 100) including shipping.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][bold]GO VOLS![/bold].Dell Media4600,XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,1024MB,280HDw/8MB,17"flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated5.1 audio,HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn832S-DL[/small]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2004
  19. bigorange

bigorange Active member

[bold]while using Decrypter where it asks for me to select destination, it says that no devices are detected and it does not allow the drop down menu to be pulled down (grayed out).[/bold]

soxbox,

shrink will automatically use decrypter to burn, since shrink rips, edits/re-authors, and compresses, there is no need to open decrypter. Just pick "iso and burn with decrypter" in the drop down menu in the shrink window that pops up after you hit backup.(look at my guide on page 13 of this thread;>))

If you are opening decrypter, you must use the read and write with iso in order to burn. It can't burn in file or ifo mode. Unless your files are under 4.37, since decrypter can't compress, you'll have to use another program (like shrink)to do that, so why bother opening decrypter at all? (That's probably why decrypter is greyed out and won't allow you to pick a burner.)

Unless of course shrink can't rip the movie. Then use decrypter to rip to your hard drive and then open shrink, and click on the open files button instead of the open disc button, and browse to your decrypter rip.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2004
  20. bigorange

bigorange Active member

shaddy, check your settings and make sure your PC hasn't switched back to PIO instead of DMA.:>)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.