1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sony giga pocket drivers.

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by SeanZ0r, Aug 20, 2005.

1. pyro158

pyro158 Member

hey, what it is.. i have a giga pocket on my sony vaio, and it works perfectly with my playstation 2, but when ever i try my xbox 360.. it plays it.. it's just that the screen goes colour less and starts to flicker, does any bod know the reason for this and how i can get it to work?

2. whitepoop

whitepoop Member

3. pyro158

pyro158 Member

hey, what it is.. i have a giga pocket on my sony vaio, and it works perfectly with my playstation 2, but when ever i try my xbox 360.. it plays it.. it's just that the screen goes colour less and starts to flicker, does any body know how i can fix it with a driver or something?

please please please help, my 3rd post.. :'(

4. agak

agak Regular member

Try running the video through a digital enhancer or even a vcr and
    then through GigaPocket.

5. pyro158

pyro158 Member

no it's when i play my xbox 360, and use giga pocket as a monitor..
    it goes like that for all reasons, playing the game.. or just at the start menu..

6. pyro158

pyro158 Member

no it's when i play my xbox 360, and use giga pocket as a monitor..
    it goes like that for all reasons, playing the game.. or just at the start menu..

7. agak

agak Regular member

What I mean is, unplug your xbox from the GigaPocket board and plug into a digital enhancer, image stabilizer, (or maybe even through a vcr?) and from that into the GigaPocket board. Same goes for if you want to remove macrovision from source video.

8. pyro158

pyro158 Member

agak man!! Ty XXXXXXXXXD

finally i can play a xbox 360 with amazing colour!!

now need to find a way to fit a vcr in my room ^o)

9. cosmo11

cosmo11 Member

hello again. i seem to have problems every week with this thing. Now, when i start up gigapocket, i either get just a black screen with no cable feed

or on my slave drive (i have everything copied over)

i get an error when it starts up saying:

cannot launch because another application is checking the database of Gigapocket, please retry after a while.

has anyone seen this error before?

10. agak

agak Regular member

Files are saved in D:\Gigapocket\ plus any other added optional drives in GigaPocket setup. If there is a hardware error, corrupted files or a corrupted ntfs database, it could be the problem. Is the Gigapocket initialization shortcut in your startup folder? It should be checking if the Gigapocket recording database is OK. If everything seems OK, scan your drives for errors and if OK, try going back in time in Windows Restore. GigaPocket 4.3 has always been stable for me as long as the video drivers are compatible.

11. kduce

kduce Guest

ok here's my dilemna.. I have a Sony Vaio .. bought it in 2005 from Costco and it's loaded with Win XP.

Something was messed up and I had to take it and get windows re-loaded and it wiped out everything....

I can't find all my discs and stuff from when I bought it.

I had Giga pocket 5.5 and still have it saved on a data folder on my computer however nothing happens when I click on it. I need another Gigapocket 5.5 so I can hook up my VCR and run some analog footage into the computer so I can edit for a funeral. If anyone could help me into the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Gigapocket 5.5 worked great for me with no probs at all.. but then with the windows re-install... it killed me! lol

12. kduce

kduce Guest

just DL'ed the 57 mb file for gigpocket 5... and installed it.. and it works fine... thanx to whoever put it up for DL!

appreciate it!

13. vulion

vulion Guest

I also have the same card ENX-11 like you, therefore what website link to download this driver and software for capture, and how to capture with sound?. I don't know if the driver and software for ENX-15 and gigapocket V4.3 can work well for ENX-11 or not.

many Thanks in advance.

14. vulion

vulion Guest

Would knightmn or Ramchip mind sending to me the files of ENX-11 driver and application files for capture, TV. The alternative solution is that Can You send me the website link these mentioned above by E-mail. My Email add is email removed

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2007
  15. cosmo11

cosmo11 Member

Hello all,

I'm finally giving up on GigaPocket...too many headaches...that said, i have a ENX-15 tuner card available now if anyone's interested.

-cosmo11

16. doctechx

doctechx Guest

Like so many others in these threads, I experienced problems when upgrading from Windows XP MCE 2005 to Vista. Specifically, I did a clean install of Vista Ultimate edition. I had ran the Vista update advisor, and received the notification that the giga pocket MPEG realtime encoder board (tv tuner) was not compatible. However, after seeing that Sony had provided several Media Center Vista updates for my model, I couldn't believe that there was no way to make it work. Fortunately, I was right.

I recieved the same errors as everyone else from MC. Basically, my tv tuner was not recognized, and when I looked in the Device Manager, the encoder board driver was not loaded. I originally tried downloading the Sony Vista OS migration updates related to MC (Vaio Media Center version SOAVMC-01347100-US.EXE 6.0.00.10100 and Vaio tv tuner library update version SOAVTL-01371500-US.EXE 1.7.00.10250). These did not solve my problem, although they may ultimately be necessary for success. I'm not sure why Sony is so illusive with regard to the solution to this problem as it is actually very simple. I simply downloaded and installed the original giga pocket driver for my model directly from sony support website. You may get a dialogue box indicating that the driver may not be configured properly. It gives you the option to reinstall to meet the operating system requirements. Do this, and restart. At this point, Vista Media Center should recognize your tv tuner, and you should be able to proceed with the setup. I know how frustrating this was for me. I hope this is useful to others.

17. osh81

osh81 Member

Whats up everyone...ok, I know this has been asked a million times on this thread, but here it is again. I have a Sony TV tuner card out of an old Vaio PCV-RZ46G Desktop.

Card Info:
    PCVA-IMB5A
    ENX-26

I have been to the esupport.sony site, as well as different driver download sites. I finally found a driver that was specifically listed for this card, but when I download and unzip the file and then point the device at that driver, it still won't take. What am I doing wrong? Does anyone have a driver that actually works, ok know how to get this stupid thing working?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

-Osh

18. agak

agak Regular member

People need to know what version Windows yer running to answer.

19. gmontalc

gmontalc Guest

STOP, dealing with Sony... when they realized that sales are dropping then, they will question themselves their business practices.

20. agak

agak Regular member

I believe Microsoft is at fault in this case for releasing Vista which has so many driver issues for legacy products and software.