1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sysfader

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by shorty_05, Feb 17, 2005.

1. shorty_05

shorty_05 Member

Hello lads, ive got a problem with shutting down my computer, everytime i press shutdown it starts shutting down and then an end promgram window pops up and says, "sysfader" "end now". it is easy as i can end now and it goes off but it is annoying if i quickly turn it off and im away out to come back and find it still on with this end program window up. any idea's?

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

3. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Try this -- :-

Click Start, go to Settings, click Control Panel, double-click Display. Click Appearance, then click Effects. Now UNCHECK the first four boxes, which include Fade Effects (one of the culprits, a.k.a. Sysfader) Smooth Edges, Large Icons and Shadows under Menus. Not only do you not need any of these, but they will cure your problem and speed up your Desktop.

Sysfader is the program used in XP to give you those Fade Effects. It is not a virus or a malware.

4. shorty_05

shorty_05 Member

thnx m8

5. shorty_05

shorty_05 Member

nope didnt work, still sayin program not responding when i go to turn it off

6. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

May I suggest you use the System Restore of Windows XP to back track your computer to an earlier date where you didnt have that problem. -- It's available from START - Help and Support --> Undo Changes to your computer with System Restore.

Regards