1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for Netflix users about my situation

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by yeardley, Feb 22, 2005.

1. yeardley

yeardley Member

Plenty of movie enthusiasts here, so I figured this would be a good place to ask this question. I couldn't find this information anywhere on the web.

Question is, I'm about to go out of town to my brother's for a week in a different part of the country. I was wondering if I could go into my account at Netflix and have my next few movies sent there.

I currently have a delivery address with netflix that is [bold]different[/bold] from my credit card's billing address (same city). So I know at least it's possible to have them shipped to at least one separate address from your billing, I just don't know if Netflix is cool with people switching the addresses a lot. The way I look at it is, if you're renting the video's it shouldn't matter where they go, if they follow you around or not.

Just wondering if anyone's ever done this or had any success or problems with it. Don't want to screw up my acct. and have my normal address delayed when I switch it back or something. Thanks for the input.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2005
  2. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

I have done this. No issues. I would say you should be ok. Just make sure you have nothing out when you make the change. That might raise a flag.

3. yeardley

yeardley Member

True. Well, the week out of town has come and gone and I didn't do it cause I didn't care enough to test it at the time.

But I wasn't worried about raising any flags...it should be perfectly legal and all....they don't ask you to provide them your residence address, just the address where you want the DVD's mailed to. It's not part of the deal that they will only mail them to your residence. And you're still paying for the rentals so you should have them delivered wherever you want.

If you were leaving for a summer, you'd change your address then, right? So why not for a week?

I'm glad to know you have done it successfully though...I will take advantage of my right to maintain service with them throughout my future vacations.