1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HowTo:Safer way to delete sounds/pics off phone****LOOK HERE****

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by mossyy, Feb 27, 2005.

1. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

This how-to is from Howard Forums, original is available at http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=517113

first (as always) BACKUP ALL YOUR FILES!!!!
    if you have flashed / flexed use flextool to extract the files/seems from your flex ahead of time that way you have easy access to the files and the directory tree)

leave the root (/a) files ALONE

Next make sure that ALL ringstyle sections are set to silent. this includes the answering machine option which is hidden in the v620 / v600 /v500 series firmware... enable it via seem edit (sorry dont know the offset or address you can use p2ktools to enable) again make sure all ring styles say silent and ringer id's are off and reminders set to off, no alarms are setup.

make sure that you are not using a theme (do a master reset/clear...) you can delete the themes from the themes menu....

then using p2kman,p2ktools ETC to select the files (pics/sounds) that you wanna dump. Then change thier attribute to 0 (or in p2ktools uncheck "system"

^^^^in sounds you must leave one .mid one .imy one .mp3 (the .mid and the .imy MUST be an orig)

in pics you MUST not delete AOL_Branding_WVIM_Splashscreen.gif
    WVIM_Splashscreen.gif

if you want your camera to continue working LEAVE the wav files in system alone....(you can delete the shutter sound files leave the count_down files so the timer will work)

I also in pics deleted all the .ems .emp files and wp_XXX and wv_emoticon files

$$$&&** addendum, if you delete all files in a category (IE: skins...) the category (directory) is also deleted so be careful ) for EX: i got rid of all my mmstemplate files EXCEPT for one the smallest one for me was "let's meet"
    same deal with videos.....

go back to you phone select the category (IE:multimedia>sounds) select one file hit menu key , in the menu choose mark (for faster selection for rest of files scroll the list and use 0 to select the rest of the files that you want to delete) mark all the files you wanna dump....after done with that then hit menu again and choose "delete all marked files?" choose tyes and confirm.

BOOM all gone

****restart fone**** and check that you can still get into ringtone detail.

if so you're all good

**** note to the paranoid you can do a one by one deletion with the first parts of this method, if a file is in use , the phone will say "XXX is in use, delete anyway?" SAY NO!!!!!!

ok this also works for the video files.....

Cool eh?
    beats the crap outta the "0 byte" file method and has a built in fail safe if you do the one by one method and no need to delete the "db" files either

as it stands i have 6700k free space leaving one video and ALL of the mib.pcf files, all of the certs, and kjava files (careful there java wont work if you delete the wrong file which i have not found which are safe to delete discovery is a painful process ,,, ahh the pain of being a pioneer had to reflex my phone no less than 5 times thus far)

For most up-to-date how-to, visit the original source at http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=517113

Last edited: Apr 29, 2005
  2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Stickied.

3. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

thnx Nephilim

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Anything for you mossy ;)

5. LiNx88

LiNx88 Member

I didn't have any problems with deleting ALL of the original ringtones - I didn't leave any original .mid or .imy's. On a T720 it still works perfect.

6. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

LiNx88

well sometimes depends on the fone, like Vxxx could happen something to it,,, anyway glad to hear that u delete them and ur fone still works with no problem...

7. bkim6

bkim6 Member

nevermind!!! sorry!!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2005
  8. yermaum

yermaum Guest

Does anyone know if you can erase/delete the original animations and mp3's on a motorola v220?

9. QuantumX

QuantumX Member

I have a thread entitled 'can someone send me a V220 file??' because i erased the first file in the sounds menu. It started with an A and came before bits and bytes, i forget the name. Now i cant set mp3s as ringtones, and cant access loud detail. Can someone send me the file perhaps? Or does anyone know another way to fix this. Thx in advance.

10. Buzz710

Buzz710 Guest

Is there a way to delete the factory pic's in the V710??
    also

I was told that verizon locks out alot of things on their v710. I was also told there's a way to open/unlock it. Does anyone know where or who I can find out how to do so???

11. b2kfn75

b2kfn75 Member

When I deleted the ringtones I could no longer get into my ring details. Did I do something wrong or is there something more that I need to be doing?

Last edited: Sep 10, 2005
  12. junior_m

junior_m Member

hello all clever and genious' in mobile stuff.first of all hatsoff to the great help u have been rendering out through this forum.
    i have a new motorola razor v3 with video recording.i did some mischief in editing the seems or deleting the custom made ringtones,wallpapers.
    and now i see that i am not able to get any sound when there is an incoming call from few phones including mobiles.
    another problem is that in the settings>ring styles>details>when i click the right soft key for details the mobile is reverting back to previous menu and not getting in to details page.i mean it is getting back to ring styles page.
    my last problem is when i am going in to phone book>scrolling down to a name stored in phone book>clicking view>edit>ringer id>and when i click the scroll button after scrolling till a few ring tones the phone is getting back to the main screen.
    i actually deleted almost all the custom made ringtones and wallpapers from my phone through p2kman.ofcourse i reloaded them back in to the phone but it didnt solve the problem..is the problem because of my deleting the ringtones and wallpapers?
    may be i didnt load the attributes correctly for all of them cos i loaded 4 attribute to all of them..
    i know that there are experts out there who can help me out with these problems..plssssssssssssssssssss
    some body help me out i am lot scared.i got my lesson that u should not play with technology unless u r an expert
    but please some body help me out
    plssssssssssssss
    plsssssssssssss
    plsssssssssssss for gods sake some one show up..and u will be my angel
    thanks a ton in advance....
    regards
    junior

13. BootMe

BootMe Regular member

how you get V3 WITH video recording?

14. n3rxs

n3rxs Guest

ok, first v3 with video is easy, mine has it. Second Junior, you need to go back into the phone and delete the two db files for your ringtones. They are MyToneDB.db and TempToneDB.db. They are in the audio folder, then reboot your phone, these files will be re-written based on what ringtones you have left and BAM, you can get into Ringtone Details again.

15. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

n3rxs
    is right but i wanna add something to junior_m and all motorola phone users [bold]ALWAYS BACKUP [/bold] before doing anything!!!

16. junior_m

junior_m Member

thanks a ton...i did as u said and my phone is working fine now..
    learnt a lot of modding wit help of all u guys out there..
    i will keep modding..
    regerds..
    junior

17. junior_m

junior_m Member

and thanks for the advice guys..
    i never delete anything with out backing up and this too is on advice of fine people like u all..
    great going...
    junior....

18. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

i am glad to hear that :)

19. BootMe

BootMe Regular member

Hi people, i have a Black Moto V3 and my sister also has a V3, but silver.

I got mine a couple of months ago, wheras hers is only a couple of days old.

My V3 doesnt have Video rec. but hers Does!

So did Motorola release the V3 with video rec afterall?

And would it be possible to get my phone swapped with the shop i got it from since its on contract?

Just jelious that we have the same phone, but she has the Video Rec. option! :eek:

20. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

the did release the video recording and its new feature in the V3, the best thing i'd say try to go to the shop and c what they can do for u :)