1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

POWER DVD

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by andy2510, Mar 2, 2005.

1. andy2510

andy2510 Member

i have installed power dvd 6 (wish i had not uninstalled v4!!) it will play discs inserted into machine but will not play files on pc unless thay are saved into a playlist. power dvd starts up when i double click a file but does not play movie? i have toggled between dvd & file option but no luck.

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

I can play files on my pc using PowerDVD 6 and PowerDVD5

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  3. andy2510

andy2510 Member

thanks for that...am i not just able to double click a file like i could with the older version?

4. flip218

I just looked in PowerDVD 5 and there is no way to set file associations. So that could be the problem. Try right clicking on the file -> open with -> choose a program -> then choose PowerDVD .... that should work.

5. andy2510

andy2510 Member

already tried that, power dvd launches but does not play file

6. flip218

My guess is because your trying to click a single file within a video_ts file. It will not work. Try creating a ISO file and it should play just by clicking on it.

7. gizmobob

gizmobob Member

I too have encountered some difficulty using PowerDVD. No matter what I do, I cannot get the program to play any DVD or any MPEG file (VCD, SVCD, VOB, MPG, M2V, etc.) It will only play WMV and AVI files. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, both version 5 and 6. My new Motherboard and Video Card both came with PowerDVD 5 but none of them will play any MPG file. I've spent 5 hours doing everything I can think of to make this work and it's driving me nuts. WinDVD 4, WMP 9.0 and WinAMP 5 all can play MPEG Files but not PowerDVD. What the hell is going on!!!

My computer is brand new, I just built it with a Gigabyte 915 Chipset MB and a PCI Express x600 Video Card; with 1GB of DDR2 RAM.

8. andy2510

andy2510 Member

my version plays all... the only problem is that i have to launch power dvd and use it to select a file to play

9. gizmobob

gizmobob Member

My problem resolved itself... mysteriously! Not sure how or why it fixed itself, but I am content nonetheless. I then open Windows Explorer and clicked on Tools > Folder Options > File Types and then modified all MPEG, MPG, M2V, VOB, AVI, WMV and anyother video file extentions I could think of, to open with PowerDVD.