1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NeroExpress my foot

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by roger3125, Mar 9, 2005.

1. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

I've been told by many that NeroExpress is the "easiest" way to Save jpg files to a CD.

I've read the Tutorals ...which seem to talk about Audio files more than jpgs. Nonetheless this is the proceedure I followed

1.Opened StartSmart then NeroEspress

2. Screen said "What would you like to burn?. I chose Data

3. Blank Nero screen opened with the Add button

4. Went to My Pictures and clicked on the Folder with the jpg pic files --> then Add

5. Slide that file to the blank Nero screen and hit next

6. Hit Burn....it went through all the girations of a burn and said "Burn (or something like that) is Complete

7. I withdrew the burned disc from E Drive and placed it back in. Then the screen came up giving the options of burning several ways but nontheless it said "blank disc"

So what am I doing wrong??? First everyone agree I should be using the Saving DATA route? I've used Memorex CD-RW discs...do they need to be initialized first before burning to? If so how do I do that?

To say I am confused and frustrated would be an understatement. If anyone would be kind enough to help me I would greatly appreciate it

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Nero StartSmart offers you to do a Photo Slide show -- just click that and the proper Nero Express module will open up for you !

You do have an up to date version of Nero 6 ultra with all the modules ?

3. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

Thought I'd add a followup so you might better fully understand.

I'm trying to save to a CD. I don't know what kind of burner I have as its an internal. I have used both Memorex CD-RW (4X), Maxell CD-R and Memorex Pocket CDs...all with no success.

I have an Emachine with all the bells and whistles. Yes, it did come with Roxio Creator and yes, I did uninstall it.

I downloaded a CEM copy of NeroExpress and have been told by many its a slam, dunk. Not so....I follow the directions as given by many as well as the turorial and while the line fills up with a lot of green vertical lines and its says burn was a success.....Its not. After I exit and reinsert the disc and and the screen tells me its a blank disc.

Now before we get into Nero....isn't there a way to save to a floppy and CD using just Windows XP? It seems to me that would be part of the OS.

I would appreciate anything someone can offer me.

4. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

jeanc1

Hope this answers your question. I may remind you that I am a REAL newbie.

<<You do have an up to date version of Nero 6 ultra with all the modules>>

I will use the slide show as you suggested but that is to see the pics, not to save, from what it sounds. I may be wrong.

To answer your question. I do not have Nero6 Untra. I have the one or COM. Its version 6.3.1

5. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Nero 6 ultra latest version is 6.6.0.8 ~~ You can download this on a Free trial for 30 days. !

In it you will see what am talking about.. a pictorial that shows what can be done with the software.

Now if you are talking about STORING on discs your images just like if it was a hard drive ~~ that's feasible by either using a plain CD-R or a Cd-RW .

The difference being that on a CD-RW you will be able to delete and replace any images at will. On a Cd-R you will be able to add to it.- ~providing you leave it open for later use ~ -.., but you will never delete.

An OEM version does not necessarily have all the module (programs) you may need , and it may have a Nero Express with restriction .

6. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

I'm amazed. I stand in awe. I went to the SlideShow module from NeroExpress..did the obvious and wham bam I have the pics on a PocketCD. Thanks so much my friend.

Curious though. I wonder why going the DATA route didn't work. I assume I can save data to a CD in the same manner.

Now looking forward to learning what Manage does. Is this man excited!!?