1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my drive wont read disc

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by alfie27, Mar 10, 2005.

1. alfie27

alfie27 Guest

i have some datasafe dvd-r discs, i burned onto the first disc ok but when i have come to use the other 24 my computer wont recognise the disc, if i use decryptor it says device not ready ( unable to recover toc , does anybody know why it is doing this? and could it be the discs? i have used these discs before and they were fine

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Are these a new pack of this same disk you have used before?
    First this is very low quality media so it could be a problem, but to not recognize the disk at all??? hmmm points to you needing a firmware upgrade on your drive. Go to the manufacters website and download/install the newest firmware for your drive..

3. alfie27

alfie27 Guest

yes they are a new pack of the same disc i have used before, i know i must sound thick but how do i know what drive im using, i know its a toshiba dvd drive, do i need the model ? where is the model number/ sorry about the thicko questions im just new to this, thanks for your help

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Go into your device manager
    Click on the "+" beside CD/DVD ROM drive
    Should list your drive there w/model number

Let me know which drive it is you have?

5. alfie27

alfie27 Guest

laptop is packard bell easynote K5285, and the dvd drive is toshiba dvd rom SD-R6112

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

7. alfie27

alfie27 Guest

thanks bbmayo it was the discs i took them back and got some others and they work fine

8. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

No problem. Glad to see you it solved :)