1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memtech Solutions

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by marleyman, Mar 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marleyman

marleyman Member

I recently decided that for my birthday I wanted to import a game and needed a flip top to do so. Last Friday I ordered from Memtechsolutions.net and when I went to the checkout I put credit card details in to the nochex secure site to send to the guy. Well the order has been on processing ever since, I emailed them and got no reply and their phone number just brings up the answerphone. Has anyone ordered from these before or had problems with them before or anything?

2. marleyman

marleyman Member

Sorry to post again in the same thread, but I just phoned the same number and all of a sudden it said somebody pcs and I said I had the number for memtech and the guy said no memtechs number was, and then gave me the number. I phoned that number and just got a number not recognised from the BT lady. I've seen various places about people receiving orders from them in the past, so I am wondering whether or not they might have gone bust or something?

3. MoonWalk

MoonWalk Member

I've got exactly the same problem. I ordered and payed via PayPal however I received NO confirmation of my order and when I click on order history it says no orders have been placed even thought the PayPal payment has been completed.

I don't have enough money to throw it away like this. I'm very angry

4. marleyman

marleyman Member

3 days after this thread my order came, however the website still hasn't changed so fingers crossed for you mate.

5. MoonWalk

MoonWalk Member

Thanks Man. These guys really need to rethink their business handling.

6. MoonWalk

MoonWalk Member

I haven't got much confidence in these guys. I still haven't received anything and keep trying to call them. However they always have answer phone. They don't even answer their emails. This is pathetic.

7. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Find where they work then torch the place with all of them inside. It'll make you feel a whole lot better about the whole thing :)

8. okboz

okboz Regular member

Recived my fliptop and swap magic from them in one week, no problems what so ever. Im sorry to hear they might be having problems now. But i did get it and it worked fine. Hope that reassures you a bit

9. dougal58

dougal58 Regular member

10. jonny17

jonny17 Member

Hey guys i have just orderd a ps2 flip top and swap magic on Friday 25th of this month, it still says processing, i had some doubts about this site and decided to look it up, and i was right to have doubts, i just keep my fingers crossed that it will come soon, i suppose thers still time, i will get back to you soon, wish me luck.

Jonny

11. MoonWalk

MoonWalk Member

I did get my Disc in the end. I think they have very poor customer service.

12. jonny17

jonny17 Member

Hey guyz. i got my flip top and swap disks yesterday, i think its very poor quality becoz one of the plastic holders on the lid has snapped off, i can still use it though, it wont play any backed up dvd`s, i have not tried imported games yet, is there anything im doing rong with this or is it not suppose to play back backed up dvds, thanks guyz

jonny

13. dougal58

dougal58 Regular member

jonny17.
    I had the same problem,Is it one of the 3 plastic pieces on the inner ring that holds the magnet in place? That's what happened to mine,I agree it is pretty badly made,I took the ring completely off and put the magnet atraight on top of the disc that way i can still close the lid.It should play backup dvds ok mines does.
    Hope this helps.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2005
  14. jonny17

jonny17 Member

Yes thats what it was, i snapped all three of them off in the end so i can close the lid, i just hope i dont loose the magnet now. About the dvd`s i run the dvd version swap disk, wait for the load program screen, then i put my dvd in (DVD - RW disk) and it just says not a valid ps2 disk, i have tried it in PAL, NTSC and NORMAL in special load and normal mode and it has no difference, im begining to think this was a waste of money lol, please help me out with this guyz, cheers
    jonny

15. dougal58

dougal58 Regular member

jonny17.
    Does your ps2 play dvd-rw discs? As far as i know most of them dont.Try a dvd-r disc.As for the magnet i just put it straight on top of the disc,And do the same when i'm finished playing,If you keep it on the spindle it can't get lost.
    Hope this helps.

16. ab12

ab12 Guest

take a look at theconsoleshop.com. looks like the same people if i'm not mistaken. they've probably got a lot of aliases. just found memtech's site and thought i'd search for comments about them before i bought. your's is not good news so i don't think i'll be buying from them, unless i hear from someone with better comments. memtechsolutions.co.uk has moved now to memtechsolutions.net

17. ab12

ab12 Guest

18. jonny17

jonny17 Member

i have just tried then and no luck, i still get the Not a valid PS2 disc, i cant understand what i am doing wrong, if its not to much trouble can you tell me what you do when loading up ur back-ups step by step, because im pretty sure im doing it right, i am also doing that method with the magnet.
    P.S i am getting the not a valid disk message with every disk including orginal PS2 games and dvds.

jonny

Last edited: Apr 2, 2005
  19. memtech

memtech Guest

Guys,

Despatch and customer service has been poor recently, had some major problems.

However, every single problem that has been brought to our attention has been resolved, if you have a broken tab, send it back to us, we'll replace it, and for all you sceptical people out there who are thinking, well.... they are only saying that because of this thread, then i would like to ask the 2 or 3 people on this thread if they told us about the broken lids, because if they did they would have been told to send them back for replacements, we are not scammers or con artists, we are just crap at customer service!!!!!!!!.

Oh, and Nephilim, i'd like to see you try!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Don't tempt me. Our forums aren't the place for scumbag sites to make excuses to customers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.