1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Digital Capture

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by tweakalot, Dec 30, 2002.

1. tweakalot

tweakalot Member

Hi, i currently have Dazzle but i'm not quite impress with the quality of my dvds. The dazzle only give me the option to transfer/capture video from the camcorder to the to the (dazzle external) via RCA cables, then USB cable from dazzle to my PC i thhough that would be downgrading the video. If i use S-video then i have no sound. So i have to use the crappy RCA to Stereo cable provided by the JVC 520 cam. I cannot use both simultaneously. I am look for an (External Multimedia) that can give me a better picture and would allow me to transfer {(Digital) usb or S-video w/sound} from cam to Multimedia then capture Digital (usb) from Muntimedia "external" (no pc cards)to my pc. thanks for you help.

2. T2K

T2K Guest

I have dazzle digital video creator 100. and it does every thing you just descibed with flawless dvd video captureing. I have made about 1000 dvd's so far captureing from my vcr and camcorder.

3. icierniak

icierniak Member

I am currently using Dazzle80. The capture is good but the playback is all screwed up. The video plays too fast and the audio plays even faster. I think I updated all the codecs and software (MGI Videowave 4). but I still have the playback issues. I'm going from a digital tuner to a 2ghz machine.
    ANY ideas? Help please.

4. coticon

coticon Member

I have a Canopus DVRaptor and love it. I use it to transfer my analog video tapes to my hard drive. Note: The Raptor needs an A/D converter to digitize analog tapes - but the edited results (I use Adobe Premier, which came with the Raptor, as my editor), are excellent when either burned to DVD or transferred back onto video tape.

Take a look on the web - the DVRaptor receives truly universal praise for quality with no audio or video dropouts and no freeze-ups.

Regards,
    Ken