1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another HALO thread

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Nephilim, Mar 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Same thing here - keep it clean and on topic or you'll be shown the door.

2. andy2000

andy2000 Guest

ok, lets get this thread goin. what does everyone thing the new waepons might be in halo 3. i would like to see a more powerful shotgun and possibly a gun with a silencer for more stealth around covvie and flood

3. Shaq123

Shaq123 Member

I AGREE WITH YOU. BUT I WANNA C A LOUD MG THAT KICKS MAJOR BUTT LOL!! AND A BETTER SNIPER. AND WE SHOULD B ABLE TO B HUNTERS IN MULTIPLAYER LOL!!!

4. Nephilim

Let's keep the caps lock off next time, Shaq123 ;)

5. Eros_Aon

Eros_Aon Member

What??! I can't hear anything:p between the really big and loud shotgun and yelling, I missed all of that :-S
    lol, yeah I do agree so far...anyone else got anymore to add?

6. Shaq123

Shaq123 Member

Oops sry Nephilim, my bad lol
    -Shaq123

7. Schaeffer

Schaeffer Member

Yeah, definately agree with undoing what they did to the shotgun. It's an 8 guage. In actuality it would probably knock an elite of his feet. His shield may deflect it but the energy will still transfer and knock him down.

I think they should take away the brute shot, the thing is worthless. I also think they should completely redo the calibers of almost all the guns. The calibers are a mess. The assault rifle is a .37 caliber, that is unusually large for an assualt rifle. Which is fine, if they want a big caliber assualt rifle then let them have it. However it has none of the characteristics of a large caliber AR. It is quick to aim, it handles like an M-16, but it also hits like an M-16, even though an M-16 is a .22 and the Halo 2 AR is a .37. It just doesn't match.

The pistol is a .50 cal and it hits like a .38. It just doesn't have the punch that a bullet that size should have. The sniper rifle is a .57 caliber. A .57 would have a sh*#t load of stopping power, something like a locomotive, yet it takes two clean headshots minimum to kill an elite. WTF?

I also dislike the lock on feature of the rocket launcher. It takes all the skill out of it. Now vehicles don't stand a chance.
    The SMG is fine, it is a .20 and it hits and handles like a .20. I am not really complaining just more of an analysis. Now don't get me wrong guys I mean I like the weapons but I think they could use some improvement. I am going about my analyisis as if I designed the game. It just seems that the people at Bungie don't really know much about guns. I like guns. Other people may be all about the maps, they want to be able to go in the water and they want it to splash when they shoot it, to each his own. I think they should add a heavier machine gun. I would say something like a 7.62mm NATO which is a .30 cal. Yeah that ought to do nicely. It would be slower than the assualt rifle but pack more punch.

(behold, in paragraph format)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2005
  8. andy2000

andy2000 Guest

yeah i agree, the weapons just dont pack the power they should. what system does everyone think halo 3 will be made for. im hoping xbox1 or if not that then xbox2 and then later on an xbox1 version

9. cdneger

cdneger Member

O_O WALLOFTEXT!
    Wow, guy, paragraphs are your friend!

10. Schaeffer

Schaeffer Member

It would be great if Halo 3 were on Xbox but I just don't think it is possible. Halo 2 stretched Xbox to its limits. If Halo 3 is to be better than 2 then it has to be on a new platform. And do you really expect Microsoft to yield the position of best system to Sony? Yeah right.

11. Doggy_Bot

Doggy_Bot Guest

Schaeffer, I agree about the Lock on for the Rocket Launcher cause it no more fun... I love it to be as hard as hell

12. haloxbox

haloxbox Regular member

Dont take away the brute shot!! Its better ust to use the knife part than shoot it

13. haloxbox

haloxbox Regular member

i hope that this thread ends soon, I dont want to keep switching all the time just to see wat other thread posts say. ANNOYING!!!

14. Doggy_Bot

Doggy_Bot Guest

If you dont like this thread dont come to it,very simple...

15. haloxbox

haloxbox Regular member

But I love halo and now that there are two threads we will have to keep switching. It was better with one you have to admit that. Not so simple/

16. Doggy_Bot

Doggy_Bot Guest

Hey thats life what could you do about it!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2005
  17. haloxbox

haloxbox Regular member

Shut the hell up wierdo, youre freaking overreacting `sides its my opinion so screw off moron!

18. haloxbox

haloxbox Regular member

And for youre info I could talk to the Afterdawn staff, see what they think, and maybe they would pass, maybe they wouldnt. Thats what I would do about it and what u gonna do about thaty HUH? HUH!?!

This is haloxbox most likely shutting up for the rest of this threads life cuz it sucks. Im going back to Halo 2/3 chat now.

P.S. Youre a doggy or a bot which one?

19. Nephilim

Hey, let's chill out people - no need for any name calling ;)

20. Bubba1982

Bubba1982 Regular member

In reply to andy2000's earlier post about what new weapons we would like to see next. I wann see somethin with much larger munitions. A pistol or some thing that fires rounds like the new warthog with that cannon on it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.