1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ask any XBOX question and it shall be answered ! HERE

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by vegeta999, May 16, 2007.

1. chee16

chee16 Member

ahhhhhhhh i just softmodded my Xbox and it looked like everything was going great. every step was exactly as it said in the discussion ( )
    but when the unleashx boot screen comes up it goes no further, i can play a game if i put it in, but i can't boot to the MS dashboard, it just freezes at the unleashx screen.

please direct me in the right direction as i am sure there are many threads to read

thank you
    Wes

2. kepners

kepners Member

how do you add a USB media stick to a xbox and allow it to play media on it.

is there a way to do this through the Lan connector - maybe using an old wireless router or something?? any ideas??

3. MMoses999

MMoses999 Member

I have a X3 chip and have been modding boxes for some time now but have run into a confusing issue. I use flash fxp to transfer files between the box and comp and right now I am trying to delete several files which include videos in .avi and a couple .mkv. Most all files will delete no problem but several will not and was hoping someone might know the solution to this. I don't believe its anything big but flash fxp states this after i initiate the delete command.

[R] DELE Naruto Shippuuden - 166 [480p].mkv
    [R] 553 Requested action not taken.
    [R] Listening on PORT: 51303, Waiting for connection.
    [R] PORT 192,168,1,2,200,103
    [R] 200 Port command ok.
    [R] LIST -al
    [R] 150 Opening ASCII data connection for ls /F/Video/.
    [R] 226 free disk space under this directory : 26.076.872.704
    [R] List Complete: 584 bytes in 0.03 seconds (18.4 KB/s)
    Deleted 0 Folders and 0 Files totaling 0 bytes in 0.08 seconds.

Any ideas would be helpful again just recently started running into this problem and its just confusing. Thanks

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

on computer or on xbox?

5. MMoses999

MMoses999 Member

If this is in reference to my question the files are on the xbox that i am trying to delete. I am using flash from my pc.

6. ibby1001

ibby1001 Member

7. imshelby

imshelby Member

Okay so I'm going on a roadtrip and the car were driving in has the ability to play xbox on the tv. Is it a good idea to play xbox during the car ride, or will i get the ring of death? or some problems?

8. Oatcakes

Oatcakes Member

I have an xbox360 programme related question, is that ok with you... i didnt know where to ask because i'm a complete noob to this site.

My question is fairly simple but i cant find an answer anywhere.

Q. Why wont the 360 waves patcher install on windows 7 ??

I think it could be down to compatability issus because waves patcher i think is for x86 and NOT the x64 version of windows 7 :(

Q.2 Is there any other kind of programme that i can use to patch my games that is very similar to SoulHeavens version ?

Im gutted that this wont install, it was so easy to use .

Thank you for your time
    Oatcakes

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  9. Sifl

Sifl Member

first delete everything in the E\:cache(X\:cache,Y\:cache,z\:cache if your xbox has them) folder then you need to disconnect from the pc disable then re-enable the lan card then setup a new connection in flash fxp for the xbox should work, if not let me know as there are a couple of other thing to try

BTW filezilla is much better for ftping to xbox , and it is open-source freeware I strongly suggest using it far less of these kinda issues

10. Sifl

Sifl Member

I'm sure I can help but I need a little more info:

-do you happen to know which version xbox you have?
    -which softmod are you using? if you pm me a link to where you got it and the tutorial you are trying to follow, I can check it out to make sure it will work with your box as not all exploits work on all versions of xbox
    -which game expliot are you using? I strongly recomend the 007:AUF UXE expliot the only one Ive never had issues with even worked on a ver.1.6b without a glitch.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2010
  11. clathen

clathen Member

I'm getting an un-modded Xbox and I want to install a 200 gb hard drive and get XBox Media Center on it. What do I need to do? I have the hard drive and all the stuff needed to do soft-mod. If there is a tutorial for this that would be terrific.

12. C4RN1

C4RN1 Regular member

You'll want to use an exploit to get the eeprom from the xbox. From there you can build your hard drive from scratch then lock it with your eeprom.

Use these tutorials

How to softmod correctly
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/558747

How to upgrade the hard drive
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/533828

Here's another older tutorial for that
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/203286

There's some links to get you started, let me know if you have any other questions.

13. clathen

clathen Member

Thanks for the quick followup with the tutorial links, they look pretty straightforward. I've been researching as much as possible and I think I know what I need to do here. So if I'm starting with a new un-modded Xbox my understanding is I would do the following to get it softmodded and get a larger (200GB) hard drive:

1. Softmod the original Xbox and get UnleashX running.

2. Use UnleashX to obtain the EEPROM information.

3. Format my new drive and lock it with the EEPROM information.

4. Redo the Softmod procedure with the new hard drive (this step I'm not sure is necessary but I don't know whether the softmod cracks the files on the hard drive or if it's actually a hardware hack).

5. Once everything is loaded I would then unlock the remaining 60GB of my hard drive using UnleashX.

Anyway, I hope this is right but I was hoping someone more knowledgeable could tell me for sure. Please let me know if there are any other things I need to do or not do.

Thanks
    -Chris

14. traker74

traker74 Member

Ok heres my problem...I haven't been able to find help anywhere.

Ok i know im doing everything right. Im using unleash X. All i want to do is put some new movies on my xbox but it wont work!!! Ok so to the point.....my xbox is connected to my computer via crossover cable. Both have static IP's in the same range(192.168.0.***) They both share subnet mask, default gateway ect. My computer says local area connection connected. I cant ping my xbox. And when i try to FTP it says "connection established, waiting for welcome message"......then it says "connection timed out". Theres two lights by the Ethernet port on the back of the console the green one is on. the orange one isnt.
    this happened the other day and kinda just fixed itself. It would be awesome if someone could tell me what im doing wrong or else what is wrong ....im all ears and if you need to know anything else ill give more detail.
    any help appreciated.

PS
    Ive tried like 50 different networking tutorials.
    I havent needed help since i started modding xboxs but this has really gotten to me.
    I have tried what i think is everything. New network adresses, New crossover cable,Restarting everything,Using backup config file for unleash X, Nothing seems to work.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  15. traker74

traker74 Member

Ok if you know how to softmod your xbox I can help you. Ive had the same problem. Just put the game you used to softmod your xbox with into the console and boot it up. Load the save you used to mod it, But this time select remove softmod instead of install softmod. It will tell you to remove alot of the stuff you put on there if you put anything on at all. You dont have to though. Follow the instructions on screen they are pretty self explanatory. After youve done that shut down the xbox. Boot it up again still with the game inside. Re-softmod your xbox with the instuctions you used before. After your done it should work fine again. I had to do this a few times but I havent had to do it again.And my xbox has been working fine for about 8 months. Until now.......

16. traker74

traker74 Member

Im not sure what you mean by media stick but this might help you out. If you have a USB cord with a female end and an old controller you can make a USB slot to plug into the front of your xbox. You can then play media off of a USB memory stick via XBMC. Just cut an old break-away and strip the ends of the wires then cut the USB cord and attatch the wires from the break away...all except the yellow one. The rest are color coded. If it doesnt work right away make sure you attatch the wire insulation from both ends were the wires connect. Then go to XBMC plug in your USB device youll get a message saying Memory unit mounted and then you can listen to your music or watch your movies ect.

If that is what your looking for?

17. traker74

traker74 Member

You know you could just use an app to upgrade your xbox HDD right?
    I used it to install a 300GB HDD. And you wouldnt have to worry about all that locking and unlocking? If your interested ill tell you more...or someone else will.

18. traker74

traker74 Member

I discovered the problem!!!! After a week of trying everything the problem was a wire i had soldered onto the lan activity light to attatch another LED for a LED mod. I just thought of it. The wire was touching the frame of the xbox and somehow messing everything up.

19. clathen

clathen Member

Hello and thanks for the reply,

I would indeed be quite interested. Everything I have read so far indicated that you would have to first softmod the Xbox and then install the new HDD. Your way of doing this sounds much easier (provided of course that I would then be able to Softmod using the normal procedure.) Please send me a link or tell me what I need to do here.

Thank you much,
    Chris

20. Duralex

Duralex Member

im new to this xbox thing, does this mod still work on the new xbox 360 slim 250 gb?